jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Do you Defend Hubpages When You See it Put Down

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

I was on another writing site's forum and I saw Hubages being badmouthed. I didn't say anything since I don't write there anymore, but I felt like I should defend it and tell the truth. What do you do?

1. Suzanne Day profile image98
      Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Reply if you feel passionately or don't bother if you don't. It doesn't really matter as if you really like HP, you'll stay here writing and all those silly people having conniptions over a site they aren't on can waste their time elsewhere...

2. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's one thing if the badmouthing consists of false statements, like "HP is a scam that never pays anyone." It's another thing if the "badmouthing" is valid criticism of HP's policies.  For me to jump into a conversation depends on what's being said; if someone is misleading others with false statements, I would jump in to correct them so other people don't make bad decisions based on bad information.  Otherwise I think people are entitled to criticize what they see as unfair.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Depends if the criticisms being voiced echo my criticisms or if I consider them to be unfounded. To be honest, though, most of the time I probably wouldn't feel any particular drive to respond either way.

4. swilliams profile image82
      swilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe when a writer becomes upset with any company or online outlet, it has to do with a lack of understanding manifested by the disregard for structure.
      Some writers have a hard time dealing with rules and regulations, or any type of policy for that matter, and in return they become bitter, not realizing that structure is one of the key resources to staying in business. 
      An outlet that enforces structure shields and defends itself, in which success through authentic writers speaks out in a positive manner. I have seen such positive results on The HubPages, which overshadows the negative views.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

The poster badmouthing HP may be a disgruntled former member who did not do well here at HP, or was banned, or both. I would just ignore it.  Most people do not pay attention to such rubbish.

3. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago

Thanks for all your opinions.

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just ran across a page today that said you can't earn money here and claimed that you could lose membership for no reason at all. I don't know, it just got me today. I was going to answer and then thought I'd be better to stay out of it.