jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Question: Can Google Adsense Work Side-By-Side With HubPages Ads?

1. Neal Litherland profile image60
    Neal Litherlandposted 2 years ago

Hello everyone, my name is Neal and I'm new here. I'm trying to make sure that all of my ducks are in a row with regards to making money now that I have my first 5 hubs up and running.

My question is pretty simple. I have a Google Adsense account to which I've linked my Hubpages account. I've also been approved for the Hubpages ad program. Can both of them run at the same time? I ask because I'm seeing no results for Hubpages views in my AdSense daily run down, and I have a sinking suspicion I've made a mistake somewhere.

Any and all help is appreciated.

1. ChrisGibson profile image86
      ChrisGibsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hey Neal.

To be honest I can't give you the full answer you're looking for. However, I can say that I've had both running for a couple weeks now and I can understand why you're thinking that. I scrounge a bit from the HubPage Ad Program but the AdSense is just about nothing. I average maybe a cent a day off that. I'm not sure if it's because they're interfering with each other or not but I did read somewhere that AdSense doesn't appear every time someone loads a page. I could be wrong but I think it only works every few times. So maybe once traffic picks up to multiple per half hour is when AdSense starts making money? Anyway, good luck! I'll be coming back here to see if anyone else has some better answers.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you opt into Adsense your hubs will show only Adsense
      If you opt into Hubads your hubswillshow mainly Hubads and some Adsense
      Those are the only two options for Adsense.

3. SpaceShanty profile image91
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Go here https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/ and configure everything so each 'Status' is showing as 'Active'

If you are in the HP program Adsense ads will be shown at the same time.  As long as eveything is set up correcly you should be ok and start to see earnings from the HP program which includes Adsense.

You won't see load of earnings in your Adsense account as most of it will be earned throught the HP program.

I tried turning off the HP program and using Adsense only last month to see if my earnings were better, they wern't.

Check out the FAQ, most of your questions will be answered here.  http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-signup

4. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Neal, you need to read the FAQ, as it's clear all your questions would be answered if you did.

5. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The answer is also pretty simple.  You have two choices.  Either run Adsense alone, or run the HP Ads Program and Adsense together.   There is no option to use HP Ads on their own.

If you're signed up for HP Ads, then there will be only ONE Adsense ad on each Hub - and it's right at the end of the Hub.  You may see some others, but they're part of the HP Ads program.   So that means you're not going to see much, if any, income on your Adsense account.

2. Iris Draak profile image61
    Iris Draakposted 2 years ago

Neal,  I just got approved for an AdSense account but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it working.  The email they sent me says I need to link it to my account but when I sign in it tells me my account is pending.  Can you help, please?  Sorry to answer a question with a question.  I'm curious to see the answers others post to your question.  In my attempt to find an answer to my questions I've found other posts that seem to indicate that the answer to your question is-yes.

3. Neal Litherland profile image60
    Neal Litherlandposted 2 years ago

I have no idea. I've had my account for over 4 years, and when I first got it things were a lot simpler when it came to actually getting an account. My best guess would be to write or call Google's support and ask them what's going on.

1. Iris Draak profile image61
      Iris Draakposted 2 years ago in reply to this

4. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 2 years ago via iphone

I I have Adsense and Hubpage ads. You name more from Hubpage ads than Adsense, at least in my situation. Google support forums can help with questions you might have.