jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Your Opinion on Banners

1. Fred Arnold profile image60
    Fred Arnoldposted 2 years ago

Do you believe using banners and other graphics to split your hubs into sections helps when it comes to the layout score on your hub? I find the generic headings pretty boring and can make up some pretty nice headings myself. What is your opinion?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think HP staff refers to them as graphic dividers. As others have mentioned, HP staff have said on the forum that they discourage using them, but they can be done tastefully to enhance an article's readability.  If you want to use them, it's helpful to know the width of a full-width image is 520 pixels, so if you upload an image divider bar, make it at least that wide so you don't run into pixelation issues with scaling.

2. OldRoses profile image82
    OldRosesposted 2 years ago

I like splitting my hubs into sections to make them more readable and so that people can find specific information.  I write about gardening and if someone is just interested in how to prune a particular plant or organic pest control for a specific pest, they can easily find those sections in the relevant hub saving them time.  My long-term strategy is by concentrating my hubs in a niche (gardening) making them easy to read and easy to find information that people will come back to my hubs whenever they have a gardening question.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I think it helps more keywords come up in searches too.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

I like them when they are done tastefully, but they can be overdone.  HubPages does not like them.

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

If you do this on your Hubs, you will continually receive automated warnings to not do so.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This I have gotten and I have corrected them to not have the dividers.  Usually HP automated extraction of such dividers works when you give permission.