jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

An Amazon Query

1. JoeYoung22 profile image90
    JoeYoung22posted 2 years ago

I have just added an Amazon book to one of my hubs. The book was chosen from Amazon UK, and it was available in paperback new from £12.99. When I posted, however, I noticed that the Amazon capsule is advertising the book for sale at $55.87.

Can anyone explain why this happened, please?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Amazon Capsules here on Hubpages are only focused on Amazon.com (US) and not any of the other variants across the globe. So I'm guessing the book switched to the US version and hence the price change and also the currency modification.

Maybe you can still use a link to the UK site, not sure about that (Since it's a referral link) someone else may have to pitch in about the link. But a capsule of the UK site isn't possible. At least not at the present moment.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

May be it is due to the site switch and being an Amazon capsule. But, I think that if the Amazon UK made any changes, it will automatically intimate to the concerned advertisers and withdraw previous ads.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can't use links from Amazon UK in an Amazon capsule, it will only work with Amazon.com (the US site).

2. Hendrika profile image73
    Hendrikaposted 2 years ago

I think it may be possible to link to the UK site with a normal link in your text. It will count as your link though.

3. JoeYoung22 profile image90
    JoeYoung22posted 2 years ago

Thank you everyone for your replies - that has clarified things for me.