jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What is a good local travel tip?

1. Kain 360 profile image90
    Kain 360posted 2 years ago

I am applying to write for a website and must complete a writing sample. Unfortunately, I did not expect that the site would require me to write one on a particular topic. I thought I could choose my own, but apparently not.

What is a good local travel tip that I could write about? It needs to be no longer than 250 words. I tried doing some research, but I am not finding any good information relating to local tips.

I appreciate any ideas! smile

I'm crossing my fingers that I get accepted.

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

"If a strange woman walks up to you on the street and mentions something about a happy ending, it would be best not to respond."

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

smile LOL

2. pateluday profile image38
    pateludayposted 2 years ago

you could choose to write about transportation, or about some aspect of local culture and how to interact with people there etc.

Yes, I was thinking about something regarding transportation.

3. alison monroe profile image
    alison monroeposted 2 years ago

If a friend from somewhere else visited you for a day, what would you take them to see, and why?

Good point.

4. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

Seasonal events may be something to consider such as a fair, convention, gathering, etc.

I think a lightbulb just appeared over my head. smile That's a good idea because it relates to "local" more. It would be different if this was international travel or similar.

2. pateluday profile image38
      pateludayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good idea friend!

5. cheeluarv profile image72
    cheeluarvposted 2 years ago

how about writing about the place itself? because every place has its own history and untold stories.

6. mts1098 profile image83
    mts1098posted 2 years ago

write about one of the local gatherings...like a diner or a pub

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image85
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

I'm about to go to Carlyle Barracks for business in Carlyle, PA.  It's the home of the US ARMY War College that all full colonels must attend.  I hear it is beautiful and rich in history.  If you write about it, I'd love to read your article.

working