jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Broken Link ? Try a retest hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links

1. QuoteAmber profile image90
    QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago

Hubpages is giving me an error message saying I have a broken link on one of my hubs. However, I checked the link and it still works and it still takes me to the right website. I 'fixed it' but all I did was delete the old link and put the same link back in. Does anyone know if this will fix the problem and make the broken link message go away?

Or perhaps have I overlooked a reason for the broken link message, such as maybe the website doesn't want people linking to their page? It is the NY Times, though, so I don't see that being an issue.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Currently, I do not see any broken links indicated on the broken links page for your account.

You can see all broken links for your Hubs here.
      http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/broken-links

This page also allows you to re-test any or all of these links.

QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I never noticed the broken link page before, sorry! Pasting the link in again must have solved the problem.

Thank you!

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have encountered the problem previously.  My research has shown that sometimes a site may be down for maintenance or some other reason when our broken link tool checks.  If that happens the error will come up.  It will usually resolve for me when I "retest" the link.

QuoteAmberposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'll have to try that next time, thanks!

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Retesting broken links appears to not resolve he issue right away.  I just took a few broken links off a Hub, and the system doesn't recognize that one of them is gone, and keeps returning a broken link message.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is a known issue with iOS and Safari, that the re-test button does not work on the broken links page. It does work on other mobile browsers like Chrome, however.

working