jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is Twitter, Jaiku really worth anything ???

1. Abhishek87 profile image75
    Abhishek87posted 7 years ago

I have been thinking, we see discussions on hubpages about how Twitter and Jaiku (similar to Twitter, from Google) can help you get traffic ....

Basically the people who'll follow us will either be our friends (that we already knew) or the ones from hubpages and will that kind of traffic really give you anything in terms of monetary traffic. After all, the primary reason for traffic is that.  I mean your hubpages friends can follow you directly from here....  and your friends will most probably just see what you have written and won't come from the clicking perspective......

Thoughts ??

1. ITTP profile image61
      ITTPposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Abhishek87.

I don't really see the importance of Twitter to be quite frank but maybe I'm missing out on something. A lot of people would write that I'm missing out on something due to its enormous popularity. as a media or marketing tool I can see its use for somebody who perhaps doesn't have a home website or for somebody who has a very hectic life in the limelight and who needs a website which is constantly updated.
      ITTP uses Twitter to inform clients of updated company info and events but we do this anyway through our forum pages.
      I sort of see Twitter as having potential and looking forward to seeing how it develops in the next few years.

The only other financial perk I can think of through having Twitter is that it might show up high on Google and Yahoo rankings.

Neville :-)

2. 0
      terrygposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I love and use Twitter. So much so that I placed a "Tweet This" button after each blog post on my new hairstyles site. The purpose was so that any visitors coming to the site can tweet the post for me. Saves me doing it and it's tweeted more often then I could do it.

What I have found is an additional 300 to 1200 visitors from Twitter to each blog post that was Tweeted. I have also found Twitter traffic leaves stumble upon traffic in the dust.

Twitter is very good for traffic generation, especially if you have targeted the RIGHT (wink, wink) followers.

A more personal note, I tweeted about my secretwitter.com site that is a simple free ebook on twittering. No other promotion of the site except Twitter and had 32 signups during the afternoon.

Now some one tell me that Twitter does not work.

2. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

Depends on your intent. If you are here to make money, no hubpages friends won't click that many ads.  You will have to SEO and Keywords and market all over the place.

For me, I do a little marketing, bottom line stuff, but I am here to write and read.  For that, this place is great.  A little money would be nice, but I ain't quiting my dayjob.