jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Dream hubs

1. Sue B. profile image89
    Sue B.posted 2 years ago via iphone

My most successful hubs seem to be about dreams and dreaming.  This attracts a lot of requests for dream interpretations. Over the last couple of years I have narrowed myself to answering requests from established gunners only.  I seem to only receive requests from those who join after reading my hub and stay, otherwise, inactive.  What are your thoughts on how to prevent this?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I have some Hubs that draw a lot of public questions.  That's what they do best.  I have those few comment capsules set to "everyone," I delete crap and spam ruthlessly and answer the real stuff as best I can.

I would never force people who clearly have such simple (repetitive) questions to join just to get an answer from me.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Sue, Based on you explanation, it seems that you may have your comment capsules set to only allow signed-in users to comment. If this is the case, you are forcing outsiders to join HubPages just to ask you a question.

I agree with relache. It's better to allow anyone to comment. But in order to avoid spam, enable the option to approve comments before they appear on your hubs. This can be done globally from your "comments" > "show settings"  page.

1. Solaras profile image93
      Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

+ to Glenn and Relache - you want to allow readers to keep your content fresh with new comments on your topic. Delete the spam, respond to reasonable comments and your hubs should do well.