jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Does having non-featured hubs prevent them showing in search engines?

1. RanaKm profile image54
    RanaKmposted 2 years ago

Hello, so I've been wondering if not getting your hubs featured may prevent them from showing in search engines? Because obviously that's what I'm mostly going to be depending on knowing that most of the times I focus on writing content that people might always search for, I've read a hub once which stated that getting a high hubber score or a featured hub doesn't mean you won't be getting good traffic and good earnings respectively but I want an exact answer to this smile please advise and thanks in advance.

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Unfeatured means it is not indexed in search engines, so if you depend on Google/Yahoo/Bing for traffic, it's important to make sure all your hubs are featured.  In your account, you can see which ones are featured, they'll have a black circle with an H. An open circle or a half-filled in circle means unfeatured. 

Proofreading and adding more text and images will help get your hubs featured.

RanaKmposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! This was helpful smile I appreciate the time you took writing this.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that is the whole point of UnFeaturing - it effectively makes the Hub invisible, except to people you share the link with.

The logic is to hide poor-quality or non-performing Hubs from Google.   Google says that it judges a site by its poorest posts, so it's important that Google can't 'see' anything that could possibly fall into that category.

Hubber Scores and HubScores are a completely different thing and have no effect on your ability to get traffic.

RanaKmposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I'll work on getting my hubs featured then. Thanks for your time writing this I appreciate it!! smile