jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What are requirements for writing a hub?

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

There will be those who are coming from Squidoo.  There will be questions about what is an acceptable hub.  Hub pages has made changes in past couple of years but it is impossible to find the information that Squidoo writers will want to know.

1. How many words are required?
    2. Is there a limit to how many products that appear on one hub.
    3. How many capsules, for products, can be used?
    4. How many products per capsule can be used.
    5. Does HTML need to be used for text links?
    6. How many text links can be used?
    7. Can I use affiliate links from sites such as CJ, Share A Sale, Viglinks etc.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

1. How many words are required?
      There is no minimum, but you have to pass quality assessment.

That is the model here. Very few things are strictly permitted or not permitted.  But if the hub does not come together as having value, it will not pass quality assessment.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I just wrote a Hub on the transition which answers some of those questions. You'll find it in the slider on my profile.

However to summarise:

1. How many words are required?  No minimum, but I suggest 400 or you may fail QAP

2. Is there a limit to how many products that appear on one hub - if you mean Amazon, one product per 50 words of text

3. How many capsules, for products, can be used? - no limit on capsules, the limit is on products

4. How many products per capsule can be used - if you use keywords, one.

Not sure what you mean by 5 and 6.

7. Can I use affiliate links from sites such as CJ, Share A Sale, Viglinks etc. - Yes, but a limit of two to the same network on a Hub.  Clickbank is not allowed.

LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marissa.   HP should give you a job as the information lady!

3. Brie Hoffman profile image82
      Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

One thing you might do is to read other hubbers articles that have high scores and you will see what is good and what isn't.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago
      LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The info I found does not answer my questions. Furthermore, what I have found is outdated.

Relache, the links you provided don't give specifics.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

relache:  Information about minimum word requirement, and those about using affiliate links, number of product capsules and products cannot be found.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I'm not going to spoon-feed you info when I can spend the same time helping a lot more people who have no aversion to reading. 

And anyone who is looking to make minimal content Hubs isn't going to make it through the QAP process.  HubPages wants Squidoo's best content moved over.  Anyone making new hubs better shoot for that 8+ as a lot of the content coming over is damn competitive.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There's no minimum word count.  If something in your hub is amiss, you'll see a warning message in a black box at the top of your hub when you save the draft, so you can correct it before you publish.

Here's another link that has a list of reasons why hubs may be moderated
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publishing-standards

(meant in reply to Linda)

2. DrBillSmithWriter profile image80
      DrBillSmithWriterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A truly amazing world we live in, for sure, isn't it!!  ;-) !!  ;-)

5. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

Just write useful, unique, well written, well ilustrated, interesting articles with good lay-out, making sure all the boxes are ticked in the "Need Some Goals" box (top right in Edit Mode).
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9187114_f248.jpg

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

Everything is written within the Terms of Use, FAQ and the Learning Center.  There is an abundance of information available.

working