jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Manually Quoted Sections do not show up in Threaded View

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I've only just discovered that quoted sections do not show up in "Threaded" view.   

If someone posts a long list of questions, I'll often manually quote the different sections so I can reply to them individually.  Relache just posted a quote which didn't show up and caused total confusion.

Is there a way that manual quotes can be made to show up in the threaded view?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

@Marisa Wright
      It could get pretty confusing to the various threads to post it multiple times under the various threads. 

I think the best way is to ether reply with an answer that pertains to a specific thread, or if you do a multi quote, break the threaded view.  Although, this isn't perfect, but it works OK in chronological view.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry Paul, I'm not sure what you mean by "break the threaded view".   I always work in chronological myself - my concern is that many people use the threaded view and don't even know the chronological option exists.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

So if I start a new forum thread, and I need to manually quote something someone said that was not in any forum thread, I should just not use the actual quote tag to quote it because that's how the forum works best for all users.

Got it.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I'd just get rid of the Threaded View option altogether. Failing that, make Chronological View the default, if it isn't already

4. calculus-geometry profile image87
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Sometimes I manually copy what I want to quote and italicize it to distinguish it from the text of my response.