jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Mobile Layout - auto-expand half-width capsules BELOW instead of ABOVE

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

We're being told to change all our capsules to full-width to cater for mobile users, but HubPages does that for us automatically - so the only real problem is that a half-width capsule is expanded ABOVE its related capsule, not below.   

If the automated system could be adjusted so that the half-width capsule expanded BELOW the related capsule, everything would look fine and we'd be able to keep our carefully crafted layouts for desktop and tablet users.

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think that would be an excellent idea - then things could look good on any screen.  Thanks for mentioning it.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

At this point in time, the majority of the site traffic is on mobile devices.
      As such, our advice is to make all of your capsules in your Hubs full-width.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes I know, Matt, but what about people who have a lot of Hubs - or Hubs by people who don't frequent the forums so don't know?   My suggestion, if it can be done, would automatically ensure that ALL Hubs looked OK - a right-floated highlight or photo will always look right if it's below its related text, but may not make sense above it.

It would also make it possible for us to keep a layout that looked good on desktops and tablets as well as having a layout that worked on mobile, so everyone's happy.

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

I agree, but I have noticed that by expanding all of my images from the side to full-width, my hubscores have gone up. Slowly, but up.