jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Ebay Affiliate Question

1. Jerzimom profile image79
    Jerzimomposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot of asking my question but here goes. I'm adsense banned but I do have my Amazon Affiliate already set up. As far as eBay affiliate I am wondering if you can use that those links with in your text?  I know they can't be used like the Amazon Affiliate one.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The best practice is to use the Amazon or eBay product capsules and to include limited products that are directly related to the Hub content.

Depending upon how you go about it, inserting affiliate links into the text of your Hub could result in the content being moderated as overly promotional.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732854

2. SpaceShanty profile image91
      SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Can I ask, if I'm not being rude, what was the reason for your Adsense banning?

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

To be honest, if you can't get Adsense then I don't think HubPages will work for you.

Without Adsense, you can't get into the HP Earnings Program.  That means no HP Ads, and no eBay (the eBay capsules are for using eBay via HubPages, not your own ID).

So, you're left with the Amazon capsule, and affiliate links in your text. 

- You are limited to one Amazon product per 50 words of text (so, a 400 word Hub can have up to 8 products).   
      - You are limited to two links to the same domain in your text - so if you are promoting Zazzle products, for instance, you can link to only two products.  Links in your image capsules count towards the total. 
      - You can't use affiliate banners. 
      - Clickbank links are not allowed at all.

With all those restrictions, your earnings potential would be very limited.  I wonder if you'd be better off somewhere like Wizzley (which offers Chitika, Viglinks and a few other ad options).

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

You cannot be an EBay affiliate without Adsense account.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sign … er-network

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can if you are using your own eBay affiliate account.

I noticed you've giving a lot of inaccurate info to the new Squidoo transfers, Linda.  You might actually want to review the current guidelines for affiliate programs.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

I must have missed something here, Relache.  I was sure when the HubPages eBay program was introduced, we lost the ability to use our own eBay affiliate accounts here.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

+1

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That +1 was for relache's comment.

I have noticed this also and feel people should be very careful about quoting rules, etc. unless they are positive they are correct.

The incoming Squids will have enough issues to deal with without also having to fight incorrect information .

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

One thing that worries me is that most of the discussion seems to be going on at Squidoo, or on a Squidoo Facebook page, or on other sites - not here.  So misinformation feeds misinformation.

3. Jerzimom profile image79
    Jerzimomposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I was only wondering about the ebay links in a text as I know I can't earn from the ebay capsule cause of the no adsense program. I know I can only earn from my own amazon affiliate program here. Not sure what I will do yet. BTW SpaceShanty: I was banned cause of supposed invalid clicking. Once your kicked off its for life. Which I think is extreme.

working