jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

The new Copied Content labels for our Hubs

1. Don Bobbitt profile image92
    Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed the new warning symbols on our Hubs in our Account. It even lists a link to the site that has duplicate content.
    I think it is a great tool for us to use if we have copied content.

2. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 2 years ago

I checked my own account for this new symbol and was relieved to find none of my hubs are tagged thusly.  On the other hand, I was just a little bit disppointed to think that none of my hubs are worth copying!  (-:

1. Don Bobbitt profile image92
      Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Jamagenee- I think I like it. I try to keep around 150 to 170 Hubs active on HP and even this few are hard to manage at times.
      I found the symbol on four of my Hubs and checked them out. Two were on a that actually copied my article word for word, but they listed me as the source. So, I will probably leave it alone. For Now!
      One was what looked like a kids sight where they copied most of one of my articles. I left them a warning and gave them 30-days to respond before I did the DCMA thing.
      And, strangely, one was where I had written a post on my WordPress site and had placed a link to my Hub for the reader to reference. So, I am looking into this one.
      Still, I like that they are doing some of this work for me.

3. CassandraCae profile image90
    CassandraCaeposted 2 years ago

I was really happy to see that when I joined just a few days ago.  It's always something I worry about.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

LOL Don!  That symbol has been there for awhile now!  I think we really don't notice some of them unless they are on one of our hubs.  That one, being so small and at the bottom of the page is easily overlooked until it is on one of our hubs.

5. Susan Zutautas profile image82
    Susan Zutautasposted 2 years ago

It's been there for quite some time now.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

This totally is not new.  Been a feature for many years now.

7. Don Bobbitt profile image92
    Don Bobbittposted 2 years ago

Sometimes, you just don't know how lucky you are, then.
    In the past, I have been forced to use other software and run searches on my content to catch people who are copying my works.
    So, now, I am getting some kind of pre-warning from HP themselves. So, I still like it!

8. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You'll like it until you realize it doesn't do it all the time.  Just like the rest of us.

You can have content copied massively, and the system here not alert you for months, so don't consider it dependable or reliable in the slightest.

9. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

That's an old feature. In addition to the copyright warning symbol on the hub listing, you can also get a report of copied hubs from "My Account > Copied Hubs" - which also includes a link to a DMCA infringement notice you can use that's already filled out with the required info.  But I also run my own plagiarism check using Google Alerts since HP's method does not catch all of them.