jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Adding a background picture

1. nmadore profile image59
    nmadoreposted 2 years ago

I want to upload my own background but it doesn't show up on my profile. I have tried everything and can't find information about this anywhere. It says the image has to be tiled, but it won't accept a tiff image. So I uploaded a jpg image but that doesn't work either. Has anybody succeeded in doing this?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The FAQ has information related to the types of images and resolutions the site supports.

Sorry you are having trouble uploading an image.
      We have had no other reports of authors having any problems doing so.

These browser trouble shooting steps might also help if there is an issue with your computer or browser.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

1. nmadore profile image59
        nmadoreposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Matthew

2. ArtByLinda profile image85
    ArtByLindaposted 2 years ago

It worked okay for me.  Mine was a .jpg and was not tiled.  Just clicked on it, picked my photo and when It uploaded, hit save changes at the bottom of the page.  Then viewed it and it was there.  Did you save it at the bottom?

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I have had no problem with this.  Make sure you file size isn't too big.  Make sure you are not using mobile view, as it really doesn't show in that view.

And remember, it's just the teensiest bits at the edges or in between that is going to show.