jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Duplicate Content & Crediting

1. lisavollrath profile image89
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

From 2005 until January of this year, I published a digital monthly subscription 'zine that contained three or four arts and crafts projects in each issue. Copies of the 'zine are still sold on my business site, but I doubt any one issue has ever been seen by more than a few hundred people.

My first question: would posting the craft projects as hubs be considered duplicate content? Although the 'zines are still being sold, the content is not visible online.

Assuming the answer is no, my second question: is it appropriate for me to say at the bottom of these hubs that the content first appeared in the 'zine? Or would that be considered promotional? Would linking to the site where the 'zines are still available for purchase be appropriate, or would that be considered promotional?

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to hear the answer to this. I've wondered if having content in Amazon eBooks is allowed here too. The main problem that I can see is that if anyone saw the hub after they purchased it, they might feel cheated.

2. spartucusjones profile image90
      spartucusjonesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know that HubPages does allow Hubs to be published offline (and in the past I was interviewed for a HubPage newsletter about selling one of my Hubs to a print publication). I also know of Hubbers who have included their Hubs in published e-books. So as long as the content is not published on another website you should be fine.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lisa,

As long as your content is not visible to search engines or widely available online, you shouldn't run into any duplicate content issues when adding it to HubPages. You will, however, need to follow our linking and self-promotion guidelines to make sure your Hub is not moderated for being overly-promotional.

1. lisavollrath profile image89
        lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Christy.