jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Missed the deadline!

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 2 years ago

All this month, there was a reminder to update something by August 20th, and I missed it and don't recall what it was for and now that reminder is gone. Can somebody tell me what it was, and if so, is there still a way to sign up whatever it was?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

it was only this http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123599 nothing to worry about

2. Seanspage profile image85
    Seanspageposted 2 years ago

I believe the reminder was for you to upgrade the Google Analytics account into a Universal Analytics account type. If someone else can confirm, that would be great.

1. alexadry profile image92
      alexadryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, I believe that's exactly what it was.

3. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

Hi Alexadry, I wouldn't worry about it; apparently Google ended up updating everyone. I checked mine and it was done for me. There is a thread somewhere with instructions on how to check to see if your account was automatically updated. If/when I find it, I will post a link.

Edit: calculus-geometry already posted the link, above.

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

http://blog.hubpages.com/2014/06/its-ti … s-account/

Google upgraded many analytic accounts, but you still need to complete the process on HubPages.  You can tell if you were upgraded to universal analytics by following this from Google support.

For web properties: To find out if a web property is using Universal Analytics, sign in to your account and go to the Admin page. Select a property from the Property dropdown. A classic Google Analytics account will have an item in this column called Tracking Code. A Universal Analytics account will have an option called Tracking Info that includes sub-components called Tracking Code, Session Settings, Organic Search Sources, etc.

Alternatively, you can check which JavaScript library your tracking code is referencing. To do so, click Tracking Code to see the tracking code snippet for a specific property. Look for ga.js or analytics.js referenced somewhere in the code. Classic Google Analytics properties reference ga.js and Universal Analytics properties reference analytics.js.

5. firstday profile image80
    firstdayposted 2 years ago

Thanks for asking that alexadry.  Thanks for answering Paul…now I can see where I am at with all this…I believe I have some of it done.  Wondering about following each hub article as we go since I am just starting out.

1.  Do we have to put code into each hub if we want to track each hub article individually?
    2.  If so where will it go in each hub article?  …I am learning as I go.

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No code is needed.  Just read this and see the portion on updating your HubPages settings - this is an account wide setting.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2014/06/its-ti … s-account/

1. JayeWisdom profile image93
        JayeWisdomposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Paul - If you guys would realize that many writers on HP are not also 'techies' (and I'm less techie than anyone), these instructions would be written for mere mortals to comprehend. When I read the bit about 'each web property', I had no idea whether that referred to my HP subdomain or every individual hub. Therefore, I didn't do anything. See how easy it is for a non-techie to become confused over instructions written by a techie?

6. firstday profile image80
    firstdayposted 2 years ago

Paul…thanks … been on there more than one…I will keep looking to figure it out.