jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

The Best Feature on HubPages

1. Arachnea profile image84
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

The one thing I like really, really well since I've been here is the feed page. My settings are to receive most everything. When I'm away for the day, I know I can play catch up rather easily when I return. I'm also able to see what folks I've followed are doing so I can visit their pages. The clickable links make it possible to take a brief jaunt away from the stream so I can check stuff out and not lose my way back.

So, what's your favorite feature or function here on HubPages?

1. Susan Zutautas profile image80
      Susan Zutautasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Being able to follow my favorite writers from Squidoo.

1. Ladymermaid profile image84
        Ladymermaidposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I love that too Susan

2. notsuperstitious1 profile image81
      notsuperstitious1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

So far I am enjoying everything about hub pages.

3. MelRootsNWrites profile image91
      MelRootsNWritesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have found several things that I like (including the ability to follow authors and my daily notifications of what everyone has been up to).  But, I think what I like best is the editor.  When I moved over here I was a bit intimidated by the new rules.  However, the editor and the templates are set up in a way to help you.  The capsules are easy to work with, easy to move around, etc.

Oh, and one other thing. I love that they've made some hub maintenance easy for me.  If you see the broken link symbol next to a hub, it's identified a broken link in your article.  That's incredibly helpful since it does take time to maintain each page you create.

4. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Being able to unpublish a Hub, completely reinvent it and republish it.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Totally concur, I have hubs that need to be revitalized and refurished!

2. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

My favorite thing so far is the goals box in the editing screen.

3. 0
    Scott A McCrayposted 2 years ago

The follow/feed combo is awesome - it makes it very easy to keep up with my favorites. The notifications for new comments on hubs that I've commented on is a plus, too!

4. BarbaraCasey profile image81
    BarbaraCaseyposted 2 years ago

I enjoyed the book/literature/writing hub-making template. Without having to guess what the various capsules looked like in a layout, it was right there in a sample template... just add words, pics, videos and Amazon... and remove the elements you don't need. I'd probably use that template for a lot of new hubs, book reviews or not.

5. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Cute and fuzzy Staff.

6. Seanspage profile image86
    Seanspageposted 2 years ago

those specific writing goals in a box they give you on the right side of the editing screen are pretty awesome. They give me a sense of goal-orientated writing and an idea of what featured articles consist of. helpful stuff

7. Cari Kay 11 profile image94
    Cari Kay 11posted 2 years ago

Must admit, it is easier to navigate the pages here.  I really like that I can stalk...I mean follow...writers more easily here as well.

8. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 2 years ago

9. taiwokareem profile image84
    taiwokareemposted 2 years ago

i've not tried any other pages but I'd definitely give hubpages at least a 8/10

10. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

The entire publishing platform is wonderful and very helpful.  I love the feed and the feed filters.  I have discovered so many hubs and hubbers on the feed that I most likely would have never seen, as I follow a number of topics.

11. Elsie Hagley profile image81
    Elsie Hagleyposted 2 years ago

I love everything about HubPages. Enjoy the forums, you feel the warmth, there are a few members that are not so friendly but that in any forum, I 'm getting used to their names now and I just glide on past them. Paul is very helpful he pops up any where so I know he is reading what is going on, thanks Paul something we never had on Squidoo, it's nice to meet you.
    Looking forward to writing future hubs, first I would like to get my lens sorted out, so roll on September.