jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How much time per week do you spend editing and improving your hubs?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image82
    cat on a soapboxposted 2 years ago

Do you regularly upgrade and review hubs for broken links, amazon availability, and updates on facts?

1. Genna East profile image88
      Genna Eastposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very good question.  Yes, I do.  It seems to me that I sometimes spend too much time on these issues. :-)

2. Brie Hoffman profile image80
      Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I probably spend at least 20 hours a week doing something with Hubpages.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe that on Squidoo, it was necessary to constantly edit and republish your lenses to keep them Featured. That's not necessary here.   Once it's passed QAP, the only reason a Hub can become unFeatured is because of insufficient traffic.

Google does like "freshness" so an occasional update may help your ranking in the SERPs, but you also have to do a cost/benefit analysis - in general, spending a lot of time on existing Hubs isn't likely to pay off well enough to be worthwhile.

I do regularly drop in to my Account page and check for broken links.  I also check for unFeatured Hubs.

I rarely open my existing Hubs and look at them.   For me, the only time I update a Hubs is when I come across an interesting fact and think, "I should include that in my Hub", or when someone makes a comment which makes me realise I've explained something badly, or omitted something.  Or when there's been a rule change or new recommendation from HubPages, and I have to go through and edit them all anyway - then I'll take the opportunity to do a review. 

You can check for broken links on your Account page.  The best way to avoid broken links is not to make them in the first place - if you're linking to quality, established sites for reference then you're far less likely to have a problem.

I use carefully selected keywords in my Amazon capsules rather than specific products to reduce the risk of empty capsules.

4. misterhollywood profile image92
      misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If I'm in an update mode, 30 minutes a week. Once I have a hub published I try not to tinker with it unless I think tweaking will help with traffic. Great question!

2. favored profile image59
    favoredposted 2 years ago

I'm new here, but in other places where I write I'm updating all the time it seems. Fixing broken links is something that needs constant checking.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image82
    cat on a soapboxposted 2 years ago

I agree it is necessary to spend quite a bit of time keeping work updated and making improvements. I probably devote 20+ hrs. per week too. I was wondering if that made me a perfectionist smile