jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Creative Non-fiction on HP?

1. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

Has anyone had luck with publishing creative non-fiction stories on HP? I know there are magazines that accept submissions, but I wondered if there was a way to publish it here?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago in reply to this

How do you define "creative non-fiction"?
      Like historical-based novels or stories?

2. DrBill-WmL-Smith profile image87
      DrBill-WmL-Smithposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I call what I publish family saga historical fiction, but much of the content is creative non-fiction... Make your own decisions...  ;-)

2. Greekgeek profile image99
    Greekgeekposted 2 years ago

I've had hubs plagiarized so often that I personally would be reluctant to use it as a fiction platform. (Although I did post one experimental piece early on, just to test the waters.)

I would suggest looking into publishing for Kindle, while you're weighing options. A lot of new writers are having some luck that way.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

There's a TON of fiction on this site.  People complain it doesn't draw traffic or earn money.

Stories published online tend to be utterly rejected by magazines, as they want original (never before published) material.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Creative nonfiction is non-fiction with a narrative. It is not fiction.

You can post whatever you want here that doesn't break the rules. But this is a "content" site with earnings to match, so keep that in mind.