jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)

Ebay

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago

Can we remove ebay reports from our earnings page?

I no longer use Ebay because they don't pay so I might as well remove them from the stats.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can simply ignore the reports then if you are not using the Amazon program.

Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's what I've been doing.

2. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello Matthew
        Could you tell us if there are any plans to improve the situation with e-Bay Ads - such as being able to place Buy it Now items on our Hubs.please.

@sallybea

I tried to see if anyone had requested this specific feature before and the closest I could find was this from 2 years ago.
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99589

If this is something you would like to see, I would advise submitting a new request in the feature suggestion forum here.
          http://hubpages.com/forum/category/6634

We do not currently have plans to add any additional feature to the eBay capsule.
          That being said, if the changes to the Amazon capsule give us good data, then we may be able to reconsider that going forward.

1. sallybea profile image96

Hi Matthew,
            This is definitely something which I think deserves consideration Matthew.  e-Bay ads are not giving the results they should with auction items.   I will place the suggestion on the link you provided.   Thank you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
            Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Actually Sallybea did that 7 months ago, should she make a new thread?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/119739

I missed that one, but no harm in posting again, especially with the recent Amazon capsule changes.

2. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

I no longer use Ebay either and have replaced all  Ebay Ads with Amazon.

Unfortunately a lot of hubbers still have there ads on their hubs, giving Ebay free advertising and not getting paid a penny for it.

I would like to do the same but every now and then someone gives me hope that I might get a sale but it has not happened in two years.  It was a lot better when we were paid by click - time to bring that feature back or soon e-Bay will become just a distant memory.

You could be making sales from Amazon if you replaced all those ads.

I have been making sales from Amazon but would still like to use e-Bay it we had a Buy it Now option.  At present, the only person making any money from the ads is e-Bay

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

Deleted

3. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

I was about to remove all my Ebay capsules last month when ,low and behold, I received two sales! You never know....

That is good to hear.  I have retained some but will most likely remove them if I don't get any sales from them.

4. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 2 years ago

Ebay and amazon are like gambling because there has to be a sale.  Is it right that amazon only pays if a person buys something within 24 hours?  I am not sure about Ebay either.  I jumped in running and am in learning mode.  Thanks for all the sharing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

eBay pays if someone buys within the first 24 hours, OR if someone places a bid within 24 hours and then goes on to win the sale.

Amazon pays if someone puts an item in their shopping cart within 24 hours, and then completes the purchase any time within the next 90 days.

So you can see, though both are a gamble, your chances of "winning" with Amazon are much higher.

5. word55 profile image80
    word55posted 2 years ago

I heard that Amazon does not pay US citizens on Hub Pages period. Is that true and why not?

Not true, I've been paid from Amazon before and now I'm on the Hubpages Amazon and getting paid by Hubpages.

1. word55 profile image80
        word55posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Brie

working