jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Will link modules keep their text when transferring to link capsules?

1. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

In a lot of my lenses, a lot of the text is the words contained within the text introductions on the Squidoo link modules.

I note that the link capsule on HB is just that - just a place to put links.  There is no text section for introductions or any text within it (other than the description of the individual and specific link)

I'm now worried that all the text in my link modules might get lost on the transfer. I've backed up everything - however if the text is lost it will take forever to put right because I've got nearly 200 sites!

2. fluffanutta profile image80
    fluffanuttaposted 2 years ago

In an ideal world, they would convert the title and description into a text capsule, and then put the links into a separate capsule.

I have no idea if this is what they will do, though...

makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's what I'm hoping they will do.

Or maybe HB create a new capsule which is text plus proper links - with no scope for links embedded within the intro text. That would suit me fine.

1. fluffanutta profile image80
        fluffanuttaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I quite like the simplicity and flexibility of having basic modules that can be interspersed with text modules, titles optional.

I agree - however I'd just like to make sure my text actually gets here. If it's in a separate but adjacent text box that's fine.

3. TNTbefree profile image82
    TNTbefreeposted 2 years ago

As for your question...  I have no idea.  I am sure that they will do the best that they can to make it a smooth transition.  Speaking of that, do you know it they have started transferring lenses over yet?  I bet these message boards are going to light up like a Christmas tree when they do.  I hope we do not get on the Hubbers nerves when and if this should happen.

So long as people make it clear it's a transfer issue I don't see why it should annoy. There's no need to read threads which are of no relevance.  All forums have peaks and troughs of threads of crucial, marginal and no relevance whatsoever to the viewer. This will just be slightly more extreme.

I'm sure HB management will start a thread for "problems and bugs" for those transferring in - if one is obvious people will just add to it rather than create new ones.

working