jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

New Features

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image63
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago

HubPages has already introduced a lot of new features and they were attractive and user friendly too.  Still I must say that the hubs need a much more impressive look.  We can introduce a couple of new fonts, make some text colorful and so on.  Recently I was surprised when I found a hub with a beautiful title made of a rare font and special color.  I forgot to save its URL.  But that was very impressive.  Even if, we can't go for more fonts, why can't introduce a color scheme/style to make our text more beautiful.  I think there should be some changes on the alignment aspects too  like right/left or justified styles as what we see in word documents.  I hope the hubbers and HP authority will debate it.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A very good suggestion. I was already pondering over these points whenever I created a hub. I wanted to give some colored text to highlight some points. But I couldn't find any option for that.

2. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

This was already discussed in the past and the conclusion was that it shouldn't be done - I agree to some extent as it would be used in most cases "badly".

Regarding Alignment, I feel that it looks fine. However, if capsules could move left rather than just right, it would be nice - A/B testing in this context whenever time and resource permits could help convert some of those amazon modules into sales - can't say till it's tested.

sunilkunnoth2012posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information. But I was not aware of the forum discussion. Can you please give me the link of that debate?

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can't find it yikes

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There have been several such discussions, and you have as much chance of finding it by searching the forums as Lobobrandon. 

Although we all have our own sub-domains, HubPages is not like Tumblr or Blogger where everyone works separately and can have their own "look and feel".    The sub-domains are just for administration purposes.   HubPages is more like an online magazine, and so all the pages must present a uniform, professional appearance which is decided by management, just like any magazine.

Ok, thanks. Now I got the message.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
          Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If that is the case, then I also agree with you and the administration. It is good to maintain a separate and consistent decorum to maintain the dignity of hubpages.

Sure, I do agree with you.

working