jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Using Bold and Italicization

1. Laudemhir Jan profile image78
    Laudemhir Janposted 2 years ago

I found it irritating sometimes that whenever I highlight something in my text box and I set it to bold or italic, the following sentences through the end of the text are duplicated and are bolded/italicized too This is becoming irritating overtime, now I am afraid to edit my posts because they become mess up! Is there any fix for this?

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand exactly the problem you are experiencing, but it could be related to the browser you are using.  Try Firefox or Chrome.  If you are afraid to edit an existing Hub, just start a new Hub to try out a different browser and then don't publish the new Hub.

Laudemhir Janposted 2 years ago in reply to this

thanks a lot, I am using Chrome by the way. I will further elaborate my situation, look at this text:

"I love Hubpages."

If I bold/italicized the "love" it will be bold/italicized, however the following texts, in this case "Hubpages" will be dupplicated and the duplicated text will be bold/italicized too which means you need to delete that text again to avoid confusion. It is getting out of hand once you highlight a lot of texts.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Someone on staff should see your post, because you put it in the right place (Technical Problems). 

You're probably not the only one who has experienced this.  Maybe tomorrow after the holiday an employee will give you some advice.

Hope it works out.

Laudemhir Janposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for your support, I do hope that someone from the team will look into it! smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry you are having issues using the bold/italic/etc text options in a text capsule in the HubTool.
      I just tested using Chrome 38.0.2125.24 and 37.0.2062.102 and the HubTool text capsule formatting tools are working as designed.

It looks like you are using an older version.
      This sticky thread has the information and trouble shooting steps that we advise running before posting to this forum.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

If, after following these steps, you are still having issues, please provide the technical details we ask for in the article as well.

working