jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How is duplicate content identified on our profile?

1. Ann Hinds profile image87
    Ann Hindsposted 2 years ago

With one day to go before the big transition, I have a question about duplicate content. I am a eHow, Helium, Squidoo, exile. I have repurposed the articles from all three on several platforms. I don't even know what's live out there if anything at all. When my lenses are transferred, will any duplicate content show up immediately or will it sort of filter in?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

On your account page you will see a little red copyright symbol. You can then go to the hub that has this symbol on it and click on the message. It will provide you with the site where your content was found.

2. dhimanreena profile image82
      dhimanreenaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can find the information on all account page where you will find a red flag against the copied article.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

What Ann Hinds is asking is what happens when HubPages filters identify duplicate content, material that started someplace else first and is published here later.  This is a warning the author will see on the Hub up at the top, in a black box, in the published view.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732309

What Just Ask Susan has described is what you see if someone copies work that was published here first and then is reproduced elsewhere.  This is an icon that will show up next to the Hub title on the dashboard.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

They are two different situations and it's important to know how to deal with both of them.

Ann Hindsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Just Ask Susan and relache. Both answers are helpful. I am really concerned about duplicate content I may already have out there. Appreciate the help!

3. DrBillSmithWriter profile image79
    DrBillSmithWriterposted 2 years ago

I thought Squidoo was pretty good at now allowing duplicate content that was already out there. If that were true, it should be no problem here on HubPages. If there was something already published, that the transfer duplicated, it should already have been tagged. ?!?!

Ann Hindsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know Squidoo checked for duplicate content. If that's so, then I feel a lot better. There is so much talk about duplicate content here, it started to scare me. Thanks for letting me know.

2. SandyMertens profile image50
      SandyMertensposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Squidoo always checked for duplicate content. But unlike HubPages, Squidoo automatically unpublished an article that I wrote in Dec. 2013 stating it was duplicate content. This was done in May 2014. I emailed Squidoo with no answer.

Republished it on HubPages and they told me where the article was. Someone stolen it in May and put it on his site. Has my name and everything left on it. To make a long story short. The Hub team helped me file a DMCA and republished it here.

4. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

Sometimes duplicate or copied articles don't show up here, most are caught up I always double check myself.