jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Thoughts on this 'stolen content'

1. SpaceShanty profile image92
    SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago

I regularly check for stolen content myself, I appreciate the little red C HP provides but it cannot be relied on, it can take weeks for HP to find a copy.

Anyways, I found this site, it has about a paragraph of my Hub on the site but it does provide a link to my Hub here on HP, but it does however look a little different, the top ad banner is really small, there might be something else fishy going on there.

The Hub doesn't get/never got much traffic but the score has just gone upto 100, so I'm wondering how much the copied content is really affecting it.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

I will provide the link but break it up a bit.

http://www dot tutcity dot com/unix/how-to-secure-your-wifi-from-hackers.95984.html

What does everyone else think?  File the DMCA or consider it as a free backlink?

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't know which article is yours, but all of those links click through to another page on that same website.  In other words, those aren't the normal snippets you see with a link to the full content.

If they are not linking to your Hub, nail 'em.  The site is hosted by: hostdime.com, an American company.  Send the DMCA on the form here:

SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply.

This site is just a bit different, they do actually provide a link back to HP.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you believe that a site is using your copyrighted content without your permission, then a DMCA NOI may be appropriate.
      You can find instructions for issuing one here in the Learning Center.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

SpaceShantyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Matthew,

I am familiar with filing DMCAs, it is just that it is a bit different this time.

They only use one paragraph and do provide a link back to the Hub, maybe take a look at at the link and see what you think.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

It is up to you to decide whether you are okay with them using that excerpt.