jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)

2nd September 2014 is TRANSFER DAY - or is it?

1. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

So today's the day? Or is it?

Post here if you see your lenses in Squidoo moving over to become Hubs on HubPages - or anything changing on your account.

I think we're all VERY interested to know whether it's going to be one big transfer or it's coming over in tranches - according to when you pressed the big green button.

Are you excited?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Paul Deeds posted somewhere that they will be working account by account and bringing them over in tranches, and it will be spread over several days.

2. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 2 years ago

I don't have lenses coming over, but Oh yeah! Waiting for them

1. makingamark profile image77

I wonder how many are coming over - and who's got the biggest number?

1. lobobrandon profile image81
        lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Gonna be hard to tell

2. savateuse profile image79
      savateuseposted 2 years ago

Well... I'm excited and apprehensive, hoping for the best (successful transfer) and dreading the worst (weeks of editing, re-writing, etc)
      But no signs of movement yet

3. Sarah Switalski profile image93
      Sarah Switalskiposted 2 years ago

Anxiously waiting... smile

4. Sarah Switalski profile image93
      Sarah Switalskiposted 2 years ago

Tell Paul to Release The Lenses! wink

5. 0
      Donna Cookposted 2 years ago

I had hoped to wake up and magically find that everything had transferred. Waiting with baited breath, like everybody.

6. BritFlorida profile image67
      BritFloridaposted 2 years ago

I plan to remain chained to the computer all day. I'll leave for bathroom breaks and that's all. smile

I have 592 on Squidoo. Probably that will be reduced to about 550. I'm willing to be the guinea pig!

1. That Grrl profile image75
        That Grrlposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I really hope all goes well for those, like BritFlorida, who have a massive amount of lenses. I expect about 40 of mine will be moved over, those are the "best of" lenses which I didn't move elsewhere then delete. I've read that all the published lenses will be moved but, I also read that they won't. Today will tell, maybe. I'm on my old account, fixing Amazon capsules today. I'll check over on the other one now and then. Will be nice to have it done rather than hanging in limbo.

2. favored profile image57
        favoredposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So funny BritFlorida. We're willing to let you smile  Seriously, hope they all come through fine.

7. CuAllaidh profile image82
      CuAllaidhposted 2 years ago

Let my peop-- ummm I mean, lenses go wink

It's just starting today, I don't expect anything to happen too fast.

8. Shorebirdie profile image86
      Shorebirdieposted 2 years ago

I honestly think that it's going to take well over a month to get all those lenses moved over here.  They're going to start, first, with the people who opted in, but even those are going to take days to move over.  I wouldn't sit around waiting as I think most people won't even have a single lens moved over today or the next day or two.

1. Seasons Greetings profile image80
        Seasons Greetingsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It could all happen today. The computer will be doing the heavy lifting. It all depends on how well it was set up for the move. Once the set up is working ok moving the actual lenses should be quick. Unless there is an unexpected glitch, I expect it will all be done today.

9. lisavollrath profile image90
      lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I'm still taking the "they'll be here when they get here" approach.I'll be glad when they finally arrive, but I'm not going to worry about when that might happen.

10. Greekgeek profile image97
      Greekgeekposted 2 years ago

Drat, I was going to scoop keyword data on my good lenses, but I've only scooped it up for a few of them.

...I am so lazy.

(actually working on getting a short story proofed before I send it to be printed, but also laaaaazy)

Remember that bookmarklet that lets you see the 90-day keyword traffic which was unaccountably hidden from view on Squidoo stats about 3 years ago? The data is still THERE. It's just that the dashboard doesn't give it to you unless you beat it with a stick.

"Not Provided" is being a big old party pooper, of course, but on popular pages, there's still enough queries to help give a sense of what the audience came to the page looking for.

I am oddly mellow about this whole transfer process. It'll happen today. Or tomorrow. Or sometime this week. And then it's time to start puttering.

1. Valerie P Davis profile image83
        Valerie P Davisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I was really grateful for that bookmarklet! I pulled it out and saved all my lens stats last week. It's a very big help.

11. cfin profile image74
      cfinposted 2 years ago

I'm very excited for you all smile Hubpages has become a part of my life in the last 2 years and although the earnings can bounce, it's been fun!! WELCOME!!

12. makingamark profile image77

You can still get in and pick up your sales data and keywords

I have another much bigger major distraction going on today which serves to make me forget about the transfer - getting my artwork finished, scanned, framed and labelled for an exhibition I'm in which opens this week. The Squidoo transfer announcement was so well times - NOT!

I am officially breathing a sigh of relief as I think I've finished my last drawing and have only got to scan it, get it into a frame and then browntape the backs of my frames and then do the labels and then I'm finished!  Roll on getting the artwork to the gallery for the exhibition tomorrow!

1. mathom profile image85
        mathomposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hang in there!

Wow, I hadn't realized I'd cleared out 131 lenses. So I'm down to a slim and fit 259. That will make things simpler. (Since Squidoo kept pushing us towards sales sales sales, I pivoted a niche account towards collectible action figures and cosplayer resources. Those pages made a merry killing on eBay, but I don't think they fit HP's core style very well.)

[ETA: WHOOPS OH HI WRONG ACCOUNT. -- GG]

13. junecampbell profile image84
      junecampbellposted 2 years ago

I had168 lenses. Some mysteriously disappeared a week or so ago. There are 135 remaining that I assume will be transferred. It's exciting.

14. tazzytamar profile image88
      tazzytamarposted 2 years ago

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all of the staff and members at HubPages who have been so supportive with former Squidoo users coming over to your website. The community here is wonderful! Still haven't had any of my lenses transfer but I'm pretty sure it will be a long process. I definitely have a lot of tidying up and deleting to do when they get here though... Some of my lenses were rushed or less than what they could be and I want to start being stricter with myself!

15. makingamark profile image77

...and we have a new Forum for the Sqiodoo Transition - all looks very positive to me

This is the place to post problems for those who are moving today - and on the days to come (I was right - it's going to be a slow process!)

http://hubpages.com/forum/category/7444

[Update: URL has been changed]

1. Writer Fox profile image79
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's the wrong link.  This is the correct one:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/category/7444

16. savateuse profile image79
      savateuseposted 2 years ago

I'm pleased to say that my 123 lens have transformed into hubs overnight. One is showing a 'broken' links icon, but nothing else obvious at this time. Phew... smile

1. favored profile image57

Are they showing as you updated them on Squidoo? Just looked and they have other dates, not today.

1. savateuse profile image79
          savateuseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The account dashboard shows the dates that I last updated them. I'm getting some feedback from ex-squids that some hubs are missing quizzes or videos, but on the whole everything is looking ok.

1. favored profile image57

I see. So the date we updated them on Squidoo is showing here.  OK. Thanks for the other info as well.  Hope these areas get fixed so our modules are in tact.

2. CuAllaidh profile image82
        CuAllaidhposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am jealous, still waiting for my import big_smile but not really fretting, I know it will come when it comes big_smile

17. Shorebirdie profile image86

Mine lenses were imported!  But, I haven't looked at them, yet.  I will do so very soon.

18. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago

There's a lot to fix when stuff comes over. 

Make sure you have that list of lenses from most-popular on down.  You'll want to edit in that order.

19. Shorebirdie profile image86

Most of mine have violations for too many affiliate links.  On one lens, I deleted all affiliate links and only have one Amazon link.  But, I have multiple Youtube videos.  It still says it has affiliate link violations.  Could the Youtube videos be doing that?  I have no other links except for the one Amazon product.

20. Shorebirdie profile image86

Nevermind, I think it's OK now.

working