jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Free Stock Photos

1. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

WARNING: This site requires your credit card details. I am not affiliated with this site in any way, so it's up to you if you wish to use this site. I thought I'd share for people who might find this useful.

I found an advert for a 7 day free trial link redacted. You can download 5 free stock photos per day.

You have to give your credit card number and unless you cancel, you WILL be charged after the free trial is over. So if you do this... make sure you cancel on day 6!

So far I've downloaded 5 free photos today, which is great because they're things that I have trouble finding in free photo sites that are more specific than the average!

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

WryLit, I know the site you are talking about. I found out BEFORE I joined. What has happened to the word, FREE? It is not free as we used to think of free. I am beginning to question the entire network of internet business as it pertains to us hubbers. Thank you for the warning.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

Just saying, I would never give out my credit card number to this kind of site. There are plenty of places to get free decent photos for hubs.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd agree for general topics. However I write in niches where I need more specific photos and I've looked all over for many of them without much luck (or low quality). For instance instead of a pregnant woman, I want a pregnant woman with a belly belt, one with a birthing ball and one in the lithotomy position.

I have a spare credit card with a low limit which I use anywhere that could cause issues. This is why I put the warning - I can see it as useful for some people but everyone should use their own judgement!

1. Jayne Lancer profile image93
        Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It could be worth getting a prepaid credit card for that sort of thing.

1. Health Reports profile image93
          Health Reportsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's smart!

2. Writer Fox profile image81
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There are so many, many sites where you can buy quality photos for less than a dollar.  Sometimes its better just to buy an image than to spend all day looking for a free one.  Time is money, too!