jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Squidoo profile URLs are being redirected

1. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

There were two ways to find Squidoo profiles.

One was an older "lensmaster page" which was http://wwwsquidoo.com/lensmaster/SQUIDOOUSERNAME

Then there were the subdomains, http://SQUIDOOUSERNAME.squidoo.com

Neither of these pages is redirecting to the corresponding HubPages profile page, and they both should.

1. Dressage Husband profile image78
      Dressage Husbandposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I got the impression that they were putting the redirects on individual lenses only. Perhaps that works? I can not check yet as none of my lenses are here yet. Which of your profiles are they coming to here? Also are all of your lenses over now or are some still to come? Maybe they will add these redirects at the end. I agree they should as I often linked to my main profile rather than specific lenses.

Hopefully Paul Edmonson will see this thread and comment!

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It is our intent to redirect the profile pages all along.  We are talking with the Squidoo folks about it now and we will have an update later today.

2. kerbev profile image77
    kerbevposted 2 years ago

oooh.  Yeah we need that.  That's the page I put on my links when I credit my photos.

3. pkmcruk profile image73
    pkmcrukposted 2 years ago

Given that I quite often promoted my lenses through the profile link that would be an incredibly useful redirect to have in place. Thanks for flagging it @relache

1. Paula Atwell profile image81
      Paula Atwellposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Agreed, that would be very beneficial. Thanks for pointing it out, relache.

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago

The profile pages are now redirecting properly.  Thanks for the patience while we sorted this out.

1. Margaret Schindel profile image93
      Margaret Schindelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks very much, Paul. Would you be willing to share the reasoning behind the decision to import our Squidoo profiles rather than using a 301 redirect to make our Squidoo profile links redirect to our new HubPages subdomain main page, which has a similar profile blurb on it? Thank you.

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
        Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure I understand the question.  We did import some content from the Squidoo Lensmaster page to the HubPages profile. There is a 301 from the Lensmaster page to the HubPages Subdomain profile page.

1. Margaret Schindel profile image93
          Margaret Schindelposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Paul. I misunderstood some previous posts. What type of lensmaster profile page content is being imported our HubPages profiles? (I assume it isn't the profile blurbs we wrote since those would be very similar to our new HubPages Subdomain profile page burbs.) Thank you for the clarification.

2. pkmcruk profile image73
      pkmcrukposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul appreciate the update

working