jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Search-driven videos will not be imported

1. Lewister profile image83
    Lewisterposted 2 years ago

Only one I've looked at so far - Free State Project

The titles came over (as text capsules now as advertised) but the videos in the module did not. First one only had one video, the second had several. There's not even a video capsule showing up to show it tried.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We decided not to import search-driven videos. Please let us know if any other videos are missing, however. We will publish some updates on module conversion decisions (i.e., what will/won't be supported) to the FAQ later this afternoon. I'll post when it's ready!

Lewisterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The first one on the page wasn't a search-driven choice. It was a specifically selected video, so it should have imported.

I've already made edits and got the video back in there. It just was odd it didn't show up to start with.

Ah, my mistake. Glad you were able to get the video back in there. If you notice this again, please let us know and include a link to the Hub URL in your report. That way, we can investigate before you add the video back. Thanks!

Lewisterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm assuming you mean report as in tell you here? Because I found another hub with the same issue.

It had two videos, both specifically selected for the page. Neither are there, although there is the text box with the title showing, so at least that part came in OK.

It's the Gymnic Rody Hopping Horse one. Should be a video under "One Five-Year-Old's Tips for Using Rody" and another under "Blowing Up Rody and Putting Him in the Base".

ETA: Also - none of the videos came over on my Wonder Woman costume page. Again, specifically chosen videos.

(Are we allowed to include the link if it's for reporting purposes?)

Thanks for the information. We are looking into it and I will get back to you soon with an update.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Were the videos linked not from YouTube?   

Squidoo supported many more video sites/formats then HubPages does, and I'm pretty sure all my non-YouTube video content is gone.

3. Lewister profile image83

No - all YouTube. I never used videos from any other sources.

Pretty sure the second one was set up with a search term rather than specific selections, but the first was definitely one specifically chosen video.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Having capsules picking content by search terms has fallen out of favor (not relevant enough) so it wouldn't surprise me if any content selected that way didn't come over, both video and retail.

5. Lewister profile image83

Agreed, particularly for Amazon search. If Amazon search was spot-on, I'd be out of a job because people could actually find stuff on their site. :-)

6. Fiorenza profile image81
    Fiorenzaposted 2 years ago

Hi Marina

I have the same problem on my 'Tengu' article.  Not sure if I can include a link here, but I had a link to 'Japanese Old Animation' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShzmzcJM7QI in the 'Tengu at the Movies' section.  I haven't decided to embark on editing that article yet as it has loads of pictures missing and I will need time to get them back.

7. BritFlorida profile image69
    BritFloridaposted 2 years ago

My lenses were transferred today (yay!) and in all the ones I've looked at  the videos have been missing. They are all YouTube and none are from the search facility.

Just FYI.

8. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
    Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago

Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I posted an update regarding the missing hand-selected videos to this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2633348

I also made that the official thread to track the status of this bug, so please refer to it for future updates!

working