jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Question about Google adsense

1. Glen Kowalski profile image91
    Glen Kowalskiposted 2 years ago

Does adsense pay attention to click-though rates and sales?  My lens (now a hub) on king mackerel fishing only receives about 50 views a month.  But it had a nearly 30 click-outs each month, resulting in 3-4 sales.  I would have had decent earnings but the 'Great Purge' over in squid land really screwed me over and I got irritated with their site and quit writing.

The reason I ask is it seems obvious that Google will look at page views as one metric when deciding who to extend an adsense acount to.  But it would also make sense for them to look at click through rates and conversion rates as well, at least I think so.

1. Writer Fox profile image75
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

People who are applying for a Google AdSense account don't have one yet, obviously.

So, no, Google isn't looking at any statistics when you apply. 

On HP, Google wants to see 20 to 30 Hubs in an account.  If you are in the U.S., you can apply when you have the amount of content Google wants to see.  In some other countries, the wait before applying for an account is six months AFTER you have published about 30 Hubs.

Glen Kowalskiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the quick response.  Personally I don't like the idea that I need an adsense account anyways.  I understand the idea behind it-Google can hardly penalize a site in its rankings if it approved each and every sub-domain (at least not for long) but still it is annoying.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's not the idea behind it.   

The idea behind it is that the HubPages Ad Program includes a component of Adsense ads, and therefore Adsense requires that anyone enrolling in the HubPages Ad Program is already approved for Adsense.

Glen Kowalskiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

And amazon and ebay are the same?  I know I could just put my amazon associate number on it but I like the ease of using the hubpage module.

1. Writer Fox profile image75
              Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can use your own ID for Amazon and Ebay and use the capsules provided.  Your ID will automatically be used if you filled out the form.  No problem.  Here are the instructions:
              http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account

What you can't do is be a part of the HP Amazon Ad program, which pays a higher commission, until you have your AdSense account:
              http://hubpages.com/faq/#HubPages-Amazon-Program

working