jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Squidoo Transition Question

1. ajtyne profile image63
    ajtyneposted 2 years ago

When I hit the transfer button on my Squidoo dashboard and it "forced" me to make a new username for Hub Pages, even tho I had one, I thought that it would be something that would be merged later. Now that I understand more of what's happening, I wish I had not chosen the name I chose (almost an exact match for what I had already). It is already causing confusion when I log in.
    Yesterday I went to Squidoo to check on things there, and saw the big green transfer button. It looked as if I had never clicked it! So, thinking my transfer may not be completed properly, I clicked it. I  got a message saying that this account was registered to a user and if I wanted to register it to someone else I had to delete the new Hub account.
    Whew! Long way around just to ask a simple question. Do I dare delete that new Hub account and restart the transfer with a better new Hub acct? I'm guessing it would leave me open to have a nightmare transfer, but then again, it only takes a few minutes and they don't seem to be in the process of transferring me now.
    If someone from Hub Pages could reply that would be awesome, but I'm open to all opinions!

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi ajtyne! I can confirm that this is the account that we will transfer your Lenses into. If that works for you, you don't need to do anything but wait for the import confirmation email. If you want to change your username, you can delete this account and create another one via the link on your Squidoo dashboard. If you want to do that, I recommend doing it sooner (i.e., today) rather than later since the import process is already underway.

2. CuAllaidh profile image80
    CuAllaidhposted 2 years ago

I wouldn't risk it, transfers have already started, my guess is you are already in the queue.

3. 0
    Doityourself13posted 2 years ago

I have somewhat of a similar issue. I had already created a hubpages account about a year ago. However, I mistakenly created a a different account of which my lenses were transferred to. Now when I login to my HB account my lenses from squidoo are not there although they are live (checked through the google) under my new account? is there anyway to merge them?

Unfortunately, there is no way to merge a former HubPages account with newly created Squidoo transfer account. More information in the FAQ: http://hubpages.com/squidoo/faq#Merge-S … es-Account

4. 59
    Doityourselfyposted 2 years ago

well how do I access my hub so I can make changes, etc? do I just wait until all lenses are transferred and receive the email?

5. David Stone1 profile image69
    David Stone1posted 2 years ago

Wait until they transfer, but check frequently. I didn't receive an email. I just logged in and found the message that everything transferred, so don't count on that. The transfers are good, but you'll need to start editing right away. Two issues I found:

1. Some lenses came across without paragraph breaks in the text modules, just one big lump of words. They had to be edited immediately to make them usable.

2. Some, including me, have found their videos gone and needed to replace them.

Good luck!

6. 59

The problem is that my hubs are not in my account for whatever reason. They are live but not in my account which is under the same email address. I dont quite understand whats going on here.

Do you know which of your HubPages accounts is associated with your Squidoo account? If not, please email us at team@hubpages.com and someone will tell you! That's the first step. Once you know which account here is linked to your Squidoo account, you should check to see whether your content has already been imported into it. If it has, then you can login to that account (email team@hubpages.com if you can't login) and start editing your Hubs. I hope this answers your question...let me know if not!

7. 59

Squidoo says

"Sorry this Squidoo account is already associated with the HubPages user . If you wish to associate it to a different account you must close that account first"

How do I close an account I dont have access to?

8. Doityourself12 profile image75
    Doityourself12posted 2 years ago

I have recovered the login info to this account that @Marina Lazarevic

Ok, great! smile