Squidoo Transition Question

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. ajtyne profile image61
    ajtyneposted 9 years ago

When I hit the transfer button on my Squidoo dashboard and it "forced" me to make a new username for Hub Pages, even tho I had one, I thought that it would be something that would be merged later. Now that I understand more of what's happening, I wish I had not chosen the name I chose (almost an exact match for what I had already). It is already causing confusion when I log in.
    Yesterday I went to Squidoo to check on things there, and saw the big green transfer button. It looked as if I had never clicked it! So, thinking my transfer may not be completed properly, I clicked it. I  got a message saying that this account was registered to a user and if I wanted to register it to someone else I had to delete the new Hub account.
    Whew! Long way around just to ask a simple question. Do I dare delete that new Hub account and restart the transfer with a better new Hub acct? I'm guessing it would leave me open to have a nightmare transfer, but then again, it only takes a few minutes and they don't seem to be in the process of transferring me now.
    If someone from Hub Pages could reply that would be awesome, but I'm open to all opinions!
    Thanks!

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image78
      Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi ajtyne! I can confirm that this is the account that we will transfer your Lenses into. If that works for you, you don't need to do anything but wait for the import confirmation email. If you want to change your username, you can delete this account and create another one via the link on your Squidoo dashboard. If you want to do that, I recommend doing it sooner (i.e., today) rather than later since the import process is already underway.

2. CuAllaidh profile image81
    CuAllaidhposted 9 years ago

I wouldn't risk it, transfers have already started, my guess is you are already in the queue.

3. profile image0
    Doityourself13posted 9 years ago

I have somewhat of a similar issue. I had already created a hubpages account about a year ago. However, I mistakenly created a a different account of which my lenses were transferred to. Now when I login to my HB account my lenses from squidoo are not there although they are live (checked through the google) under my new account? is there anyway to merge them?

Unfortunately, there is no way to merge a former HubPages account with newly created Squidoo transfer account. More information in the FAQ: http://hubpages.com/squidoo/faq#Merge-S … es-Account

4. profile image52
    Doityourselfyposted 9 years ago

well how do I access my hub so I can make changes, etc? do I just wait until all lenses are transferred and receive the email?

5. David Stone1 profile image65
    David Stone1posted 9 years ago

Wait until they transfer, but check frequently. I didn't receive an email. I just logged in and found the message that everything transferred, so don't count on that. The transfers are good, but you'll need to start editing right away. Two issues I found:

1. Some lenses came across without paragraph breaks in the text modules, just one big lump of words. They had to be edited immediately to make them usable.

2. Some, including me, have found their videos gone and needed to replace them.

Good luck!

6. profile image52

The problem is that my hubs are not in my account for whatever reason. They are live but not in my account which is under the same email address. I dont quite understand whats going on here.

Do you know which of your HubPages accounts is associated with your Squidoo account? If not, please email us at team@hubpages.com and someone will tell you! That's the first step. Once you know which account here is linked to your Squidoo account, you should check to see whether your content has already been imported into it. If it has, then you can login to that account (email team@hubpages.com if you can't login) and start editing your Hubs. I hope this answers your question...let me know if not!

7. profile image52

Squidoo says

"Sorry this Squidoo account is already associated with the HubPages user . If you wish to associate it to a different account you must close that account first"

How do I close an account I dont have access to?

8. Doityourself12 profile image65
    Doityourself12posted 9 years ago

I have recovered the login info to this account that @Marina Lazarevic

Ok, great! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)