jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Does Hub Discourage Republishing?

1. ElsieNew profile image60
    ElsieNewposted 2 years ago

Squidoo always encouraged our lenses to stay fresh and republished.  I understood this kept them up in the search engines.
    However Hub discourages this practice and warns that our hubs will be unfeatured during the time that it takes for someone to look at it.  This makes me think I need to NOT touch them unless an urgent change really has to be made.
    Will this keep my hubs low in the search engines if I leave them alone and not seek to republish them?

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have passed boot camp, a featured hub that is edited will not become unfeatured while it is being reassessed in QAP.  (Maybe that is the case in boot camp, but I don't know because that program was started after I had already written many hubs.) 

Just because Squidoo encouraged people to edit for the sake of editing doesn't mean you will see any search engine traffic improvement.  HP neither encourages nor discourages it, so you can do it if you want.

ElsieNewposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Calculus for your reply.  I am still in boot camp and that is the case and thought it was always like that.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You should definitely edit your Hubs regularly to keep them fresh and relevant for your readers. smile While a Hub is going through the QAP, however, it is best to leave them alone. Most Hubs are reviewed by the QAP within a few hours of becoming published, so you don't need to wait that long. Hubs in pending mode are published but have ads turned off.

I hope this answers your question!

ElsieNewposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Marina, Your reply helped.  I hope I do well here. :-)

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can edit your Hubs as often as you like - just leave them published while you do it. 

Google does like fresh content, but it also says that it recognises some subjects are evergreen and therefore don't need to be fresh.