jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Does linking your Google + account to HP really bring in more traffic?

1. Cardia profile image89
    Cardiaposted 2 years ago

I have a Google+ account that I rarely use but I remember reading a while back that it's recommended to link your profile to Hubpages, and that your Hubs would show up higher in search results. I'm willing to give it a try but have any of you seen any positive results from this? Just want to hear your experiences and opinions on the matter smile

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
      Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

When someone +1s your hub link at Google+ yes, it can lead to higher rankings in search results and therefore higher traffic. But you need to get quite a few +1s to see the difference (eg 20 or more).

Doing a +1 on someone's hub means a lot more to Google than doing a like or a favourite in Facebook or Twitter. This has been the case for years.

Come join hubbers at What The Hub? and many more communities on Google+ and get better ranked hubs! (Mind you, they need to be interesting to people and hence "social media friendly").

Just purely linking your profile probably won't do much....you need to get the +1s on your hub links which are posted like statuses.

None of this is anything to do with Google Authorship, they are 2 separate things.

1. Cardia profile image89
        Cardiaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hello Suzanne!
        Thanks for the invite! smile I'll be sure to join the group now!

2. Fantasy Novels UK profile image59
        Fantasy Novels UKposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Suzanne, for your information. I joined today and was wondering how it would work if i linked to my Google+ If it would help in search engines etc.

2. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You ask for personal experience with claiming authorship on Google +. My experience isn't from hub pages yet it is valid. In my business it doesn't matter whose page one I come up on. More exposure in most niches can and has brought me more business.

By linking to Google + and sharing for others who reciprocate I have been found on page one in several niches.

Here is the real value of Google +. It is a free for all. You can add anyone to your circles without fear of sanction. Anyone who adds you will find your information before they find the information of others.This means the more people who add you the higher you will be seen in their personal searches. With enough searches by those in your circles with a +1 or comment  your overall ranking on Google increases.

You still have to realize is it all about value. What value does what you write add to the lives of those in your circles? If you add none chances are they will disassociate.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I don't think it ever effected rank.  For a while 'google authorship' meant you have a little picture and confirmed authorship listed by the result.  But it did not have any effect so they stopped doing that.

1. Fantasy Novels UK profile image59

The pictures were meant to be distracting.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

Google Authorship is dead in the water - they have ended it.

1. Fantasy Novels UK profile image59

Yeah, very annoying for Authors.