KNOWN ISSUE: Sidebar Amazon modules converted to text modules

1. sockii profile image87
    sockiiposted 2 years ago

My lenses imported today and I noticed this problem on all of my lenses that I've checked so far.

If I used any of my sidebar modules for Amazon products, only the module title has been saved - and it's been converted into a text capsule instead of an Amazon capsule.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We did not intend to import the sidebar Amazon widgets, so the fact that the module titles got imported is a bug. Our engineering team is working on a fix for that and I hope to have an update soon.

1. sockii profile image87
        sockiiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, worth knowing -- after the fact. I'm glad I saved all of my lens content separately because on some of them I primarily used the sidebar for Amazon products, and wrote some lengthy commentary there about the products I chose to feature there.

I did not see info on this in the general Squidoo transfer FAQ and I think we should have been made aware of this in advance, that sidebar amazon modules would not carry over. The sidebars were a big part of lens design and many writers used them for Amazon products related to their lens topics.