jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Reasons for Flagging Hubs

1. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

it used to be the case that when when you flagged a hubpage, you could comment with your reason for doing such to help the hubteam understand, i used the box to put links to websites that certain hubbers had copied and pasted word for word and published on hubpages as their own work, i can only flag them for "other" reasons without telling hubpages why.
    today i noticed an author who joined hubpages 3 days ago and has published  62 hubs has copied and pasted all of "his" work from other websites, i flagged one of them under the link other but was unable to give a reason.
    Is there any chance the reason for flagging hubs could have the box back  where we can tell hubpages why we have flagged them?.....jimmy

2. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 9 years ago

That would be an excellent suggestion. As it would take the guess work out of the person reviewing the complaint as to the reasons why the person was reporting it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Here, here

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

I'm with you on that one.

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

You now have the option of entering a brief explanation when flagging a hub.  Anything beyond around 200 characters will be truncated when it is stored, so keep it short.

6. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

thanks paul that will help a great deal now we can say why we flag a hub when none of the options match.....jimmy

7. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 9 years ago

that's a nice feature to have back again, thanks Paul!

8. Apae profile image72
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

I remember seeing a hub copied word for word the other day. So indeed, I flagged it and the box was there. I gave the url it was copied from too. People who do that will get caught.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Just so you know, while HubPages can penalize a hub for duplicate content they can't enforce copyright law.

9. Apae profile image72
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

Well that's a given. But at least if HubPages does something about it, the person will become discouraged from doing it again. Copying someone else's work is not fruitful, nor does it give you any sense of satisfaction [I find]. But the really laughable thing was, the person could hope to make no revenue from it because it was an article against Google.

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
      Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago in reply to this

This topic has been recently discussed. Flagging hubs because you know them to be copied from another source on the internet will not result in penalty.

10. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 9 years ago

I had someone hit one of my other blogs and take posts ..20 of them!  The network I work for on that blog sent a legal letter asking she remove the pages..she moved them to another address...GRRR!
    And so we are playing a cat and mouse game at the moment of her moving pages,a nd me reporting. It is very irritating.

1. Lissie profile image87
      Lissieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

How did you know  - do you  have google alerts for key phrases that you always use?

11. Apae profile image72
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

You must be very frustrated. To avoid all this, I'd recommend not writing so well in the first place =]

12. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Can you flag 'em for poor Engrish?

1. Apae profile image72
      Apaeposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Haha Mark, I noticed that! I think there is something in there - flag someone's hub just to check ^_^ - provided it does actually have bad writing in it.

And Isabella [sorry for addressing you],

I can't believe anything of the sort doesn't result in any action. If you ask me, that's stealing and someone could at least do something about it, can't they? I suppose that's where the users of HP come into play, by boycotting that hub or something.

working