jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Help! Website Copying my Hubs EXCLUSIVELY

1. Rehana Stormme profile image94
    Rehana Stormmeposted 2 years ago

Guys I need your help!
    I found almost all my hubs copied on a website. I should have reported her by filing a DCMI, which I have successfully done in the past with other sites. The only problem is, she has my exact content but with different synonyms replacing my words in each sentence. The structure, layout, subheadings and everything else are mine. I don't know what this is called...is it spinning? Oh yeah, she also adds in her own paragraph intro before she proceeds copying and editing the rest of my work.
    How do I get her to take down all these articles? Please help :,(

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As long as it's predominantly like yours, you can still file a DMCA. I had something taken down which was a spun copy of my work.

1. Rehana Stormme profile image94
        Rehana Stormmeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much! I'll try to do that.

2. aerospacefan profile image86
      aerospacefanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You got some good advice I see. Just want to say that really STINKS when people grab other peoples work like you described. I've had that happen on a blog and it was a real pain getting the copied work removed from the Internet. Sorry that happened to you.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image91
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What that person is doing is called plagiarism. Dictionary.com defines plagiarism as:

Noun: an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author

Yes, file a DMCA.

2. Uzochukwu Mike profile image53
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 2 years ago

If Hubpages see any of your hub as being copied, they will tell you how to go about it.

3. Uzochukwu Mike profile image53
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 2 years ago

If Hubpages see any of your hub as being copied, they will tell you how to go about it.

working