jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

What if I don't have a phone number?

1. ArtFag profile image60
    ArtFagposted 2 years ago

Hey *waves at everyone*

I just got here from Squidoo and tried to set up the Amazon Program.
    The page said:
    "In addition, we need to verify your phone number (...).  You will receive a verification message to this phone number."
    I don't have a phone anymore, can I proceed without? If I really need one: I will visit my parents in a few weeks and can use their phone number... But that's technically not my number. Not sure if that landline can receive text either, haha.

Thank you,
    LeonLion

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

From what I remember you have the option to either receive a call or a text. If it's just a text why not inform your parents and tell them to write down the number and inform you of it the next time you call?

ArtFagposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh, if it can be a call too, then they can take it for sure. smile So it's fine to use to use their number, right?
        I'll change it when I get my own phone though, whenever that may be. ^^
        Thanks for the help!

- Léon

1. lobobrandon profile image83
          lobobrandonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

its just to verify that you're not a bot. So I guess you can use any phone.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You only need to verify the number once and SMS is not required (you can use a voice call).
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#phoneverify

ArtFagposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I understood that now. The question was more about it not being MY phone number because I don't have one hmm Only option is asking someone who does have a phone, but apparently that's not a problem for Hubpages smile

Thank you.

working