jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is too much editing in a day frowned upon here?

1. Cari Kay 11 profile image94
    Cari Kay 11posted 2 years ago

I'm working through my former lenses (now new hubs) to clean them up and remove violations.  I've noticed that my hub author score is dropping a bit.  Since my pages are looking better, I am assuming it is because of all the editing I'm doing.

I'm really not that concerned about the score because the people finding my pages really only need them for a short while and the score wouldn't matter to them.  I just want to make sure I'm not inadvertently committing a faux pas.

Thank you so much!

1. GypsyOwl profile image81
      GypsyOwlposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cari. Glad to see you on HP.

My score has fluctuated every time I add a new hub. I believe the system counts a lot of averages. So newly published (a lens to hub edit) will reset the  numbers (to HP stats) and temporarily drop our author score. But, I noticed mine went from 80ish to 70ish with a new hub published (I still don't have my lenses here yet) but, after a couple of days the author score went up higher than it was before I published the new hub.

I'm guessing it is based on averages. So the more lenses you get published over time the less fluctuation will be noticed.

I'm following you! Have fun! Deb
      p.s. there are other Q&A topics in the forum similar to this one. I noticed them listed when I came here to read your question. The most promising looking is this one.

2. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You may edit your Hubs as many times as you want, and there is no penalty (or advantage) for doing that.  Each time you edit, however, it does go back through QAP and gets scored again.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

They must be having a field day with me lately!  I am editing and re editing tons of hubs right now after my big Google Slap.  I've been working so hard at it that now I have Bursitis in my elbow!

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can edit as much as you like, there are no rules or guidelines about it.   The score isn't telling you you're doing something wrong!

2. Cari Kay 11 profile image94
    Cari Kay 11posted 2 years ago

Gypsy, thank you!  That thread was perfect.  I thought I had read something about scores and editing but couldn't find it.  Appreciate your help and I will edit on smile

1. GypsyOwl profile image81
      GypsyOwlposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome, Cari. I am glad it helped. This process has been a challenge to learn. But, I have a feeling it is going to be amazing once we are settled in. Deb