jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

INVESTIGATING: Recipe modules now just walls of text

1. sockii profile image88
    sockiiposted 2 years ago

Example:

http://sockii.hubpages.com/hub/stewed-h … lk-peppers

Ingredients are all smushed together into one entry, requiring tedious work re-organizing them.

Also recipe steps are all compressed into one step/one large paragraph.

This on top of the missing photo gallery of step-by-step photos, of course.

Such is basically the state of all of my recipe lenshubs until I manually edit them.

1. favored profile image52
      favoredposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the heads-up about the recipe lenses. I have so many photos for the steps that I hope they are still together.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for reporting, sockii. We're looking into this.

1. sockii profile image88
        sockiiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I have a few where it seems ok (at least for ingredients, even if instructions are compressed.) I know Squidoo changed some things with their recipe template in the last year or so, so I wonder if it's an issue on lenses I did or didn't adjust to those changes in advance.

2. annieangel1 profile image84
    annieangel1posted 2 years ago

it's going to take some editing - I'm glad I took my recipes off Squidoo when the announcement was made - not that I had visualized this problem but because I wanted to use them elsewhere. What a pain but it will be worth it in the end, the HP recipe modules are good.

3. annieangel1 profile image84
    annieangel1posted 2 years ago

I take that back - I MEANT to take them off, just went to check and they are still there and it is too late to delete them now. Guess I am in for more work!

working