Amazon and Ebay Sales Since Transfer: Have you actually had any?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (40 posts)
  1. sockii profile image70
    sockiiposted 9 years ago

Before the transfer I regularly saw at least 1-2, sometimes 5-6, Amazon sales from my top lenses daily. These were the first lenses I fixed up to bring to HubPages standards after the transfer and traffic-wise they are generally doing as well if not better than before.

However, I have not seen a single sale come through on my earnings reports since I was transferred. Are those not updated daily? How long does it take before a sale shows up on our reports after someone buys it on Amazon? Is this a warning sign that Amazon (and eBay) sales are much harder to convert here than on Squidoo? Is it due to the problem of HP Amazon modules being so widely blocked by adblocking programs?

I'm not talking about "shopping cart" lenshubs, either, but predominantly my painting tutorial articles which featured significant text, all my own original photos and artwork, and carefully selected products (the exact ones, generally, I used in the paintings I am illustrating.) I guess I just am curious to know more, because if I just can't expect them to generate any real sales, I may have to think more seriously about just moving them to my own art website...

1. Cheryl Rogers profile image64
      Cheryl Rogersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have you had to take out direct text links to products to meet the new standards? Or reduce the number of products showcased on your Hub? That might have something to do with it. Maybe you can break the content into two Hubs?

2. Craftypicks profile image77
      Craftypicksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine is a little down. I had sales 3-4 days this week, but sales are showing up on Squidoo. I am in a group there and many people are reporting it too. I had one sale that showed up and 4 days of traffic.

2. calendarsblog profile image56
    calendarsblogposted 9 years ago

It generally takes amazon a few days (24 to 72 hours) to report this stuff - so I'm not surprised not to see any sales here yet.

1. sockii profile image70
      sockiiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OK, I'll relax for a while then, and give it maybe a week to see if there's any sales traffic that starts showing up.

(And yes, before anyone asks - I have made sure that Amazon and eBay earnings are enabled and approved - as soon as I set up this account I published some new hubs here to get the ball rolling on all of that before my lenses were transferred)

1. Paula Atwell profile image67
        Paula Atwellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good question to ask though.

3. sockii profile image70
    sockiiposted 9 years ago

Just an update to say that I saw my first Amazon sale show up on transferred lenses today - yay! And with a nice rate of commission using the HP Amazon program. 

Hopefully this is a sign of more good things to come!

4. calendarsblog profile image56
    calendarsblogposted 9 years ago

I have had my first sale reported too. smile [actually - now - 4 sales].

1. neosurk profile image87
      neosurkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to both of you guys! My lenses got transferred yesterday, so I'm looking forward to the magical sales.

The reason behind the low number of sales may be due to it being credited on HubPages' code during those 40% of the time. Your Amazon and eBay is only shown 60% of the time, so if sales happen on HP's, it won't be shown. It was different with Squidoo when you used to get 50% of the amount and 100% of the sale (reports).

Anyways, all the best to you, sockii! You deserve showers of sales everyday. big_smile

5. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

I'm so glad you asked this question - I was staring at my Amazon reports page this morning with a very puzzled frown.

A lag in reporting makes much more sense - I only got all my affiliate codings and links onto my main account yesterday so I guess I've got to wait a little while for the sales to filter through

I'm just wondering what the reporting is like. I know I made very good use of the sales information personalised to each lens on Squidoo.

It makes a big difference to conversions......

1. calendarsblog profile image56
      calendarsblogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Reporting is by hub for eBay (haven't seen sales there yet, but eBay was always tricky and I never made many).

For amazon the sales reporting is unfortunately account-wide. So you know what you sold - not all of it, some goes through the hubpage-id - but also not on which hub you sold it.

1. makingamark profile image70
        makingamarkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh dear - that's really not helpful!

To make sales you need marketing data. To get marketing data you need to know which channel generated sales. If we don't get basic data we can't refine and improve conversion rates

I used to regularly review data on Squidoo and swop products in and out e.g.
        * a product taking up an Amazon module didn't get to keep it if it didn't generate sales! 
        * Those which sold a lot would be moved higher because we were told that placement had an impact on sales

etc etc etc........

I thought one of the purposes of bringing the Squidoo Amazon module code across was to improve conversions of products listed to products sold...? 

It takes a bit more than the code to make sales - you also have to look at behaviour of the audience and the product on an INDIVIDUAL lens/hub

Also thinking about it - if we don't get 40% of the data, then we actually don't know enough about how well or not a hub is performing. I've no problem with HubPages getting their share of the money - I just want ALL the marketing data.

I can see the lack of data being a major incentive to people to take Amazon to independent affiliate status.......

1. calendarsblog profile image56
          calendarsblogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree that the Squidoo system was more helpful in this respect. However, it won't help any to switch to your own amazon-id, because it will still be one amazon-id hubpage-account-wide.
          The only alternative is to take your content elsewhere and be super-scrupulous about creating an amazon-id per blogpost.

6. MyFairLadyah2 profile image60
    MyFairLadyah2posted 9 years ago

Hi sockii, I got an amazon sale from a former lens, though I'm not sure if this will be a trend or a fluke. I'm still waiting for approval on HP eBay

7. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

More likely multiple blogs than multiple blog posts! smile

8. Paula Atwell profile image67
    Paula Atwellposted 9 years ago

I think you guys transferred before me, so I will want to know this too. I don't use Adblocker, does it also block text links?

1. lisavollrath profile image92
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I use an ad blocker, and it does not block text links. However, if there are text links inside an ad block, like the Amazon capsule here on HubPages, it does block those.

Thanks. That was my supposition but didn't know.

9. paperfacets profile image86
    paperfacetsposted 9 years ago

I have 3 pending (ordered) from the sixth, but my Amazon account also shows 3 ordered on sixth.

May be a fluke, but does the Amazon Hub Program work without being an Amazon affiliate like our old site?

10. David Stone1 profile image64
    David Stone1posted 9 years ago

I got my first few on the third day. I'm still waiting for the fourth day report. Seems to be registering about the same way, with the same products, as Squidoo.

11. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

We will give per hub amazon sales in the future.  We hope to start on it in the next few weeks.

Terrific news!

1. jodijoyous profile image61
        jodijoyousposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hooray!

Will we also get click through data, so we can tell which links were clicked on to get the sale?

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
          Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I hope so.

Double hooray!

2. makingamark profile image70

Brilliant!  Just the ticket!

2. Sarah Switalski profile image69
      Sarah Switalskiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is fantastic! Thank you!

3. makingamark profile image70

That's really great news Paul - many thanks!

4. SusanDeppner profile image75
      SusanDeppnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is excellent news! Thank you, Paul!

5. Linda BookLady profile image81
      Linda BookLadyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful news! Thank you...

6. MyFairLadyah2 profile image60
      MyFairLadyah2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! will you add the call-out capsule too?

7. pkmcruk profile image67
      pkmcrukposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That will be incredibly helpful - thanks again Paul - very impressed with what you have done and are doing :-)

8. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good news, very glad to hear it!

12. ILoveLegosToo profile image83
    ILoveLegosTooposted 9 years ago

My hubs transferred on the 8th, and I saw an Amazon sale today around 5pm.  A little less anxious now with the first sale under my belt and some pennies from the ad program there as well.

13. gottaloveit2 profile image63
    gottaloveit2posted 9 years ago

I'm still a bit confused (nothing new on this end). I was getting at least 5 sales a day on Squidoo. That stopped 7 days ago. I'm still getting Amazon Associate sales but what the heck happened to the sales that should have been from the Squidoo Amazon modules? My articles moved over last night - no sales again.

I believe there was a reporting bug on the Squidoo end. On this end, you need to wait a few days for it to catch up because the reporting is not instantaneous.

14. profile image0
    bobtyndallposted 9 years ago

I would think that moving to hubs means you have to get new traffic. Any traffic that went to squido is no longer there. It will be a while before  hubs show up in the SERP's. At least that's my view.

No, because there are redirects in place.  Any traffic to the lenses is being sent to hubpages instead.

1. profile image0
        bobtyndallposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I think I remember seeing that.

15. kislanyk profile image67
    kislanykposted 9 years ago

The delay in reporting worked for me as well - after 4 days of being here I finally got 4 Amazon sales credited to my account (thanks pkmcruk you were right...). Things should just improve from here on.

Awesome regarding reporting sales per hub rather than account, can't wait for the change! Now if we got that AdBlock issue also out of the way as well (ok ok wishing for too much here...)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)