jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Observation: Lenslets transfer to HP much "cleaner" than full lenses

1. sockii profile image88
    sockiiposted 2 years ago

Just an observation I wanted to share as I keep working my way through my ~220 transferred lenses:

If you made a lot of lenslets on Squidoo (at least the product review ones), you should have the least amount of work, if any, to fix them up post transfer. All of my lenslets that imported kept their text formatting within capsules including paragraph breaks, bolding and italics, etc. This is NOT the case for my regular lenses where I'm having to re-add in all such text formatting which seem to have gone missing.

Any lenslets I created and included photo galleries? Are intact. Photo galleries on regular lenses? Largely missing.

Obviously too lenslets were limited in module types so you don't have sidebar modules to worry about, rss feeds and other modules no longer supported.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that as a heads up. If I was the conspiracy type it might even lead me to wonder if Squidoo didn't introduce and keep pushing the lenslet formats when they did in anticipation of some eventual sale/transfer of content.... wink

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image90
      MelRootsNWritesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is good to hear, at least as it pertains to the review templates.  I was wondering if they were going to come through as one long text capsule without the photo galleries.  Thanks for your update!

2. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that is a lot of help, because I think I mainly did lenslets. I'm not sure because I didn't spend a lot of time on Squidoo and only had about 11 lenses; but what I understand is a lenslet are the specially formatted lenses, like the how-to ones and the movie reviews and tv reviews; I did mostly those. I was wondering how they'd up after transfer.

2. Paula Atwell profile image81
    Paula Atwellposted 2 years ago

Good to know. A lot of my pages are older. When they come over, I am sure I will need to do a lot of editing.

3. goatfury profile image91
    goatfuryposted 2 years ago

Man, that's great news.  I probably have 30 or 40 product lenses, and maybe even more.  I am still waiting for my first lens to transfer, though.  sad

4. Snakesmum profile image88
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

This is a bit of a worry, as most of my lenses are the longer type, with very few lenslets.    None of my articles have transferred over yet, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens they they finally get here.   (Yes, I'm getting antsy, as I pushed the green button the day it went up).

1. goatfury profile image91
      goatfuryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Same here.  I've got about 80 total lenses coming over.  It'll be great when it finally happens!