jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How can I add a Pattern to a Hub

1. lbrummer profile image94
    lbrummerposted 2 years ago

Maybe I'm searching in the wrong area, but I can't find an answer for a problem I'm having.  I'd like to highlight the word "Pattern" in a text module and insert a pdf image of the pattern piece.  Is that possible on HP or do I have to use the photo module and show the pattern on the page?  I'd really appreciate any help.  I'm baffled.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can convert the PDF to an image by using one of these free sites:

Or, you can upload it free to another site, such as Scribd.com, and link to that from your Hub.

2. lbrummer profile image94

Writer Fox:
    I must still be doing something wrong.  I went to <a href="http://convert.neevia.com/pdfconvert/"> NEEVIA TECHNOLOGY</a> a free PDF converter (I don't want to pay for something til I know it'll work), got an URL, but when I put it in the space for a link in the text module, it doesn't make the word Pattern clickable.  Could you look at the conversion setting on the NEEVIA site and see if I have them set right?
    I really appreciate your help and am sorry that I don't catch on very quickly, with this electronic stuff.

Left click on the mouse and drag your cursor over the word "pattern" to highlight it.

Then, click on the Insert/Edit link icon.

I don't know anything about the site you have chosen, but if it is going to host the image for you, then insert the URL in the module, check the box for affiliate link, and click the green "save" button.

That will take you back to editing the text capsule.  Your linked word "pattern" should now be blue and underlined, signifying that it is now a link.  Click the save button at the top of that capsule.

That will take you back to the Hub in edit mode and you will see that the word "pattern" is blue.

My advice is to make that link open in a separate window so you don't lose the visitor on your page.  The way to do that is here:

Make sure that your image is going to be continual hosted on that site.  Also, check out scribed.com because you can be paid for what you post there, it's free to authors/posters, and your image won't go away.

3. lbrummer profile image94

Thank you a million, Writer Fox, my patterns are now clickable!!  The secret was in your last note...about clicking that button for affiliate, etc.  I thought that wasn't something for me to click on, so until you said I could, I was stuck.  Whew, would you believe my denseness cost me about five hours of time.    Again, thanks.  I think I'm going to like HubPages, especially if folks are as willing to help as you have been.     Loraine

So glad it worked out!  The capsules are really easy once you've published a few Hubs.