Organisation of Amazon modules - BUG

1. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 2 years ago

Dear HubPages Tech People: Is there a way in which the Amazon capsules that appear in the organisation section pick up the product name rather than the product features/description?

In the organisation section of a hub, the Amazon capsules are not picking up the title of the product - as per listing on Amazon (i.e. the link words). Instead they are picking up any text in the description.

Hence in order to organise the capsules one has to repeat the name of the product in the title - which then means you have duplication on the hub in quick order with the name of the product appearing twice in quick succession.

This would make it so much easier to rearrange capsules and avoid duplication.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Can you post a screenshot of what you're referring to? I want to make sure I'm on the same page. I think you're talking about the Organize Your Content section in the HubTool -- is that right? Thanks!

1. makingamark profile image77
        makingamarkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Marina - thanks for responding. Yes - the problem arises in the "Organize Your Content" section.

What's happening is that a problem arises because the Squidoo Amazon module is being split in two on transfer.

So the top half which used to have the author-determined title for the module (often the product name) and text about the product is split off into a separate TEXT capsule in HubPages.

The lower part of the Squidoo module - which contains the product link, the image and further text details - is then transferred into the HubPages Amazon capsule.

The way the content is split means that there is no content in the title line for the HubPages Amazon capsule.

Hence when you get to the "Organise your content section" the Amazon capsule is picking up whatever text it can find in what seems to me to be an arbitrary way. It doesn't appear as if the product title link counts for the purposes of describing the content of the capsule.

It's then very difficult to work out what the Amazon capsule is about when trying to rearrange them to comply with the recommendation to avoid having Amazon capsules grouped together.

Hope this helps promote some sort of resolution of the problem.