Duplicate Lenses/Hubs Showing in my Account

1. Dee Gallemore profile image80
    Dee Gallemoreposted 2 years ago

I had pared downed my Squidoo lens list considerably in anticipation of the switch-over ... leaving me with a total of 94 lenses to be transferred.

I just logged into HubPages and saw that I have a total of 105 Hubs.  Going through the stat list, I see that 11 lens titles (indicated in red title text) are duplicates with no content on the pages.

Example ...

All content in tact
    Last changed: 8/4/14

Empty page
    Not featured
    Last changed: 9/6/14

Notice that my new Hub URL has a "2" after it on my in-tact Hub (as though it was seen as a duplicate) ... while the empty duplicate Hub is using the URL that should have been assigned to what was transferred.

I don't want to touch anything until I can get some clarification so here's my two-part question:

... 1) Can I safely delete the "empty" page the Hub"Bug" created without losing my in-tact page?

... 2) How can I ensure that the correct URL (without a "2" after it) will be assigned to my in-tact page?

Hope this makes sense ...

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dee! For now, you can safely delete the "empty" Hubs and not worry about the "-2" at the end of the URLs. The good news is that your Squidoo URLs are properly redirecting to the Hubs with your content. Engineering will try to look into fixing the "-2" in the URLs down the road if they get a chance. Unfortunately, there are more pressing bugs to work on currently. hmm

2. Dee Gallemore profile image80
    Dee Gallemoreposted 2 years ago

Really appreciate your response.  Will go ahead and delete those empty ones.

Thanks for all you're doing ...