jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

What does it mean when

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago

Your impressions are up but your CPM is down?

1. savvydating profile image84
      savvydatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What is CPM...and impressions? The question sounds interesting, but I lack savvy, I guess.

Brie Hoffmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think impressions are like views and I believe CPM means click per ?minute maybe..not sure.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's the amount you get per thousand views.   It just means that advertisers are paying less for some reason.

Overall my CPM is better ..but just the last week or so it seems weak.  I wonder why..I'm getting more traffic than I've ever gotten since being here, you would think it would be going up.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
              Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Advertisers are not paying for your specific content, so whether your Hubs are doing well or not is irrelevant.  Advertisers bid for advertising space, so CPM varies depending on how strong the competition is for ad space that day - not specifically on your Hubs.

So..it has nothing to do with my content amount or quality???

1. Writer Fox profile image82
                  Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-cpm

It does have to do with your content because it has to do with what advertisers are willing to pay for the things you choose to write about.

2. savvydating profile image84
          savvydatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

OK, thanks for the info Brie and Marisa.

2. Thomas Swan profile image94
    Thomas Swanposted 2 years ago

I am getting less money for the same amount of traffic also (I assume that's what we're talking about). When I raised this topic a few weeks ago, lots of other people reported a similar trend for their accounts. Could this be more of a Hubpages-wide trend rather than specific accounts being demoted in the eyes of advertisers? I would be interested to see the average CPM for the whole of Hubpages, and how it's changed over time.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

It is pretty much by definition going to be a Hubpages wide phenomenon as advertisers are not down in the weeds picking specific accounts, but it is related to the keywords that are on your hubs because of the topics you are writing about--and so relate to your account in that way.

working