jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Links

1. annieangel1 profile image85
    annieangel1posted 2 years ago

is it possible for links from your hub can open in a new window? It is really annoying to be reading a hub, click and link and away you go

2. fluffanutta profile image79
    fluffanuttaposted 2 years ago

You can open a link in a new window by holding the Control key while you click on it. Right click on a link will also give you some options.

HubPages prefer to let the visitor to decide whether they want new windows or not, rather than the hub author. Visitors prefer this too.

3. SusannaDuffy profile image86
    SusannaDuffyposted 2 years ago

Interesting concept. Perhaps I haven't looked at enough hubs (from established hubbers),  as no link that I've chosen to follow has given me such an option

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can make links on your Hubs open in a new window by following these instructions:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/121864#post2584286

4. annieangel1 profile image85

but doesn't it affect the bounce rate? and I'm pretty sure visitors don't necessarily know that they will be taken away from the site. I'm like Susanna, I haven't come across any link that gave me the option.

You can make your links open in another window if you want to.

HP management prefers that people be taken off the page and advises against having links open in another window.

2. fluffanutta profile image79
      fluffanuttaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Visitors are used to having a "Back" button, and know how to get back to your hub if they want to. Visitors are less keen on links opening in a new tab when they don't expect it, as it stops their back button from working.

People have different opinions about this.  There is such a thing as 'back button fatigue.'
        http://uxmovement.com/navigation/why-ex … -new-tabs/

5. gottaloveit2 profile image77
    gottaloveit2posted 2 years ago

Boy, when I'm surfing, I HATE having to use the back button, especially if I want to refer to the original page when the new one is open. I much prefer a new window opening.

6. annieangel1 profile image85

me too - I was reading a friends new hub today which has wonderful music links but I ran out of steam before I got to the end of the hub - will go back though.

working