jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Change Your Link Lists

1. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 2 years ago

If you are transferring articles with link lists, change those links to the new URLs on HubPages.

If you leave your link lists the way they are, an article's  link goes back to the article's location on Squidoo, goes through the 301 redirect, then back to HubPages.

As you edit your transferred articles, don't forget to change the links in the link lists, too.  You need the PageRank to flow directly to the new URL locations on HP.

1. Nancy Hardin profile image60
      Nancy Hardinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Writer Fox for that tip. I wouldn't have even thought of that. You ROCK!

Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9983474_f248.jpg

1. Nancy Hardin profile image60
          Nancy Hardinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hey, me too! :-D

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We are planning to update links that go to lenses that were imported automatically when the import is complete.  So no need to do it manually, unless you just can't wait a couple of weeks.

1. ILoveLegosToo profile image62
        ILoveLegosTooposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the update.  I really appreciate the attention you are putting into the details of the transfer from Squidoo.

2. Paula Atwell profile image81
        Paula Atwellposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That is incredibly awesome!  Awesome sauce as my college-age daughter says. I have been changing them. smile

3. best-gifts-ever profile image60
        best-gifts-everposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's great news. I notice you're already flagging broken links to Squidoo lenses smile I love the attention to detail here.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I would add that if you have a list of links, you'll probably get a warning while you're editing the Hub that you have a lot of links in one place.   

It's not because you're breaking any rules - a list of links IS allowed.  To be honest I'm not sure why the warning even exists, but whatever - you can choose to ignore it, you won't be penalised for it.

1. Scarlettohairy profile image60
      Scarlettohairyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Really? I've been deleting links all day because I do see warnings. I'll try to figure this out and change the links as WriterFox mentioned from here forward. Thanks, you guys!

You get that warning about too many links in one place if you make a Table of Contents, too.  Just ignore it.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's annoying and I don't know why the warning even exists.  Just be sure that your links are all related to the topic of the Hub - they are very strict indeed about unrelated links.

3. Writer Fox profile image78

You know what?  I don't remember anything posted in the Learning Center which talks about how many links in a links list are too many.  It's a mystery.

3. SimilarSam profile image71
    SimilarSamposted 2 years ago

This is good news that the links don't need to be changed!

4. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Here's one other thing to consider. If anyone has lenses with links to other sections of the same lens (such as a table of contents), this will not transfer properly to a hub and needs to be edited to correct the links, in addition to the correcting the anchors. 

There is another thread were we discussed table of content links and where I gave a complete explanation at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123778#post2626939

working