jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Remove or Modify the "list of links" warning

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

If I create a list of links in a Hub, I get a warning about having a lot of links in one place.

I can't see any valid reason for that warning, and it's causing confusion for Squidoo members, who are deleting lists of useful links when they don't have to.   

A list of links is very useful at the end of a Hub, to provide Further Reading lists or references, so I'm not sure why HubPages discourages it?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
      Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

List of links can be helpful, like you point out. We discourage them because in actual practice they tend to be spammy and not real helpful to readers on average. We try and shape our warnings to help the largest group of people be successful.  There are always exceptions to these general guidelines and people have to make their best judgement.

1. Writer Fox profile image77
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Why do links in a Table of Contents get the warning that there are too many links in the same place? Those are links to content modules on the same Hub?

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
          Paul Edmondsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The algorithm looks for concentrations of links.   So ToC links fit this bill.  They don't have to be only at the bottom.

working