Recipe LensHub turned into wall of text can't be edited + warning

1. Kylyssa profile image96
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

I made the mistake of trying to edit a recipe hub that is an imported Squidoo lens that has turned into a wall of text without proper spacing or line breaks.  It has a warning on it and I can't edit the ingredients or instructions.  Clicking the edit buttons just bumped me partially back up the page.

Here's the warning:

I intended my Breakup Chicken Recipe to be a bit humorous but it's a very real and tasty recipe of my own creation.

I thought it would be a simple matter to go in and put the proper spacing that was removed in the transfer back in it.

If I close the workshop without hitting the publish button, will it act like an edited lens and go through QAP looking mangled?  I never opened any modules in the workshop.

2. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I had one of my recipe lenses transfer as a single block of text. I copied the text without hitting the edit button, dumped it in Notepad, then went in a deleted the capsule the text was in, and added a new one. It was much easier to break up my instructions in Notepad, and add them back into the recipe instruction capsule.

Also: that warning? It's because none of our imported recipes have the HubPages rating capsule in them. Once you add it, the warning goes away.

1. Kylyssa profile image96
      Kylyssaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for sharing your helpful solutions!  I'll give it a shot in the morning.